Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add YouTube to videos to "favorites" in the new iOS6 app.

I get an error message that states: "Error adding video to favorites". Anybody else getting this problem?

I tried restarting the phone but to no avail.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, YouTube

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 10:45 AM

Here is what i did to resolve this problem:

In order to add videos to your Favorites, you'll need to make sure that you have your YouTube channel set up. Once you do this, you should be able to add videos. There are several ways to do this:

Creating a channel name on YouTube.com:
1. In your desktop, go to www.youtube.com.
2. Click on your username and click on My Channel.
3. You’ll now be prompted to create your own channel.
Creating a channel name on m.youtube.com:
1. On your iPhone, go to m.youtube.com in your iPhone’s browser.
2. Press Sign in located at the bottom of the home page and sign in with your YouTube account information.
3. Press MenuUser uploaded file.
4. To create your channel name, touch any of the following: Favorites, Playlists, My Videos, Inbox.

I found these steps at : https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/youtube/mobile-and-devic es/D2okq9WHtoU

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2012 10:45 AM in response to pull2par

Here is what i did to resolve this problem:

In order to add videos to your Favorites, you'll need to make sure that you have your YouTube channel set up. Once you do this, you should be able to add videos. There are several ways to do this:

Creating a channel name on YouTube.com:
1. In your desktop, go to www.youtube.com.
2. Click on your username and click on My Channel.
3. You’ll now be prompted to create your own channel.
Creating a channel name on m.youtube.com:
1. On your iPhone, go to m.youtube.com in your iPhone’s browser.
2. Press Sign in located at the bottom of the home page and sign in with your YouTube account information.
3. Press MenuUser uploaded file.
4. To create your channel name, touch any of the following: Favorites, Playlists, My Videos, Inbox.

I found these steps at : https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/youtube/mobile-and-devic es/D2okq9WHtoU

I can't add YouTube to videos to "favorites" in the new iOS6 app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.