Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.4 is not handling "FaceBook" albums properly

Only 25 photos in each of my "FaceBook" albums are now showing up in iPhoto 9.4, and editing the captions while on "FaceBook" no longer changes the captions back on "iPhoto"... this is terrible!

intel 24" Imac, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 10:14 PM

16 replies

Sep 22, 2012 3:55 PM in response to nate.thelen

I was contacted by a member of the Apple iPhoto team yesterday evening, and we spent about 3 hours together on "Skype" trying to pin down the problem. They are having trouble reproducing the difficulty at Apple, but they are fully aware the problem exists, and definitely seem to be working on it. With any luck we'll all see a resolution before too long. Take heart in the fact that you are not alone in experiencing this!

Sep 30, 2012 11:50 AM in response to jametait

Hi everyone. I spent about an hour with an AppleCare rep (Jeremy) on this issue last night and he said he had no documentation about this. Took me until this afternoon to find this forum, so I thought I'd throw an extra note up here to add my story.

About 3 days ago I upgraded from iPhoto '09 to '11 (v9.4) and had an issue where iPhoto would crash when uploading to Facebook. Removing / Adding my Facebook account into within iPhoto helped a little but didn't keep the program from crashing. A call to AppleCare helped find the fix: removing the iPhoto-related .plist files in the Library folder.

Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue with the 25 picture limit. I tried uploading a new album with 80 photos after deleting the plist files, and during upload I could see all 80 photos listed in the Facebook album within iPhoto. As soon as the upload was over, the album suddenly changed to only 25 photos (but all 80 are visible on Facebook's site). Jeremy recommended I send feedback through apple.com/feedback, so we'll see if they contact me like Jametait. Thanks for posting this thread!

Sep 30, 2012 3:26 PM in response to jametait

This is not a reply but a report of a further problem between iPhono 9.4 & Facebook. While looking at facebook I opened iPhoto which seemed be doing things in the background evidenced by the beach ball delaying much activity. Then I started getting messages that a photo album on Facebook had "been removed from the Facebook section. The photos it contained are still in your iPhoto library." It gave me three of these messages with only the option of [OK] before bringing up another album that had been deleted. I think I may just force iPhoto to quit at this point before all my albums linked to iPhoto are removed. It won't let me quit while this is going on.

I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion from Leopard and then upgraded to iPhoto 9.4 from the previous version. I did notice a couple of empty events right away but haven't used it much yet. I see many other posts that there are problems in iPhoto 9.4, with encouragements to wait for Apple to fix this. Sounds like a good idea for now. I will just stop using 9.4 until there is a fix from Apple. Fortunately I made a partition with a copy of my old Leopard system. So I will use that with iPhoto until there is a fix.

Sep 30, 2012 5:51 PM in response to glinty

Glinty,

I was running into similar "Album deleted from Facebook" errors and slow operation before the program crashed on me. You may want to try going into iPhoto Preferences, select the Accounts button, and remove the Facebook account and close iPhoto. Once it closes out re-open it and re-add the account. I saw this solution on other community posts and saw it helped a lot of people out.

Dec 25, 2012 2:16 PM in response to jametait

I have tried all the solutions here, and they do stop the crashing, but don't allow uploading of more than a few photos.

After a few photos, the upload ceases, and everything then gets stuck.

It really does seem that the connection between iphoto and facebook is broken.

Is there any other way to upload? I woudl like to upload photos directly, but can't work out how to get the facebook uploaded to see the photos inside iphoto.

iPhoto 9.4 is not handling "FaceBook" albums properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.