10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 4:06 AM by c.9
Johannes Görgen Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Hi!

I need to cancel several download in the iTunes App on my iPad (TV Show Episodes) or delete them from the queue. How do I do that? I payed for them an that's fine, it's just the download queue in the downloads section of iTunes on my iPad (iPad 2 3G 64 GB, iOS 6 GM).

Background info:

I purchased Season 3 of Fringe in HD with complete my season. Now all episodes started downloading. I don't want to download all of them and don't need to.

• drewtlove Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

With iOS 5 all you had to do was swipe your finger across the download to cancel/delete the download. With iOS 6 I no longer see a way to do this. If someone knows a way please tell me as I have 40+ pending downloads I'd like to cancel and do later.

• Johannes Görgen Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I used the iOS 6 Beta 3 earlier. I bought the Season just before updating to the 6.0 FINAL yesterday. I bought another episode JUST NOW and tried to delete that. And it worked. Only the "old" episodes are not deletable, a swipe just does nothing.

I guess I will need to download all of them and then delete them after being downloaded. Waste of bandwith, but could well be beta-behaviour.

• Texas Mac Man Level 8 Level 8 (46,545 points)

Try this:

•  Log out of your iTunes store account.  Go to Settings > Store > Sign Out Then press the Home button.

• Then press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously and don't release them when it brings up the Turn Off screen; keep holding them until the Apple logo appears.

• After restart, the Waiting should be gone.

 Cheers, Tom

• drewtlove Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Thanks Tom

I signed out, killed the app and did a hard reset. The downloads were still there when the iPad came back up

I tapped one of the downloads out of curiosity and it resumed despite my having signed out of iTunes.

Why oh why would they strip this function? But then again they stripped DHCP out of Mountain Lion Server too (sore subject)

• Lorin Toews Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I've got 6.0.1, and swiping across a paused download allowed me to delete it. Yay!

• Nagoya83 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Tried both of these options numerous times:

1)      • Log out of your iTunes store account.  Go to Settings > Store > Sign Out Then press the Home button.

• Then press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously and don't release them when it brings up the Turn Off screen; keep           holding them until the Apple logo appears.

• After restart, the Waiting should be gone.

2)      wiping across a paused download allowed me to delete it.

Whhhhyy can't I get this to work?

I'm beyond frustrated. Trying to invent new ways to curse Apple.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.

• sewilk Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I feel for you...I've just spent my whole Saturday night trying to figure this out and it doesn't look good - I have a series of TV shows that far outweighs the storage of my iPad and if I do one at a time it looks like it should take me about a month.  This is BS.  And Tom - stop posting the same thing re reboot - it doen't work! (you can't swipe them either...

• Tjprice13 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have an IPhone 5C and i dowloaded The movie Hugo from the 12 Days of Christmas app, not knowing it would take up 4g of space. I have paused the download, bht is there anyway i could delete it for good?

• Minalouis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thats the same thing that happened to me, I started the free Hugo download only to discover it is 4 gb, now I can't find a way to cancel this download, frustrating.

• c.9 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

To delete the download:

• Open the iTunes Store app.
    • Go to the 'Downloads' tab.  If it's not visible, you might have to tap 'More', then 'Downloads'.
    • On the iPhone, swipe from right to left on the item (Hugo).  A red 'Delete' button will appear - tap that.
    • On the iPad, tap 'Edit'.  Select the item to delete by tapping the circle next to it.  Tap 'Delete'.