Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to cancel itunes download?

Hi!

I need to cancel several download in the iTunes App on my iPad (TV Show Episodes) or delete them from the queue. How do I do that? I payed for them an that's fine, it's just the download queue in the downloads section of iTunes on my iPad (iPad 2 3G 64 GB, iOS 6 GM).

Background info:

I purchased Season 3 of Fringe in HD with complete my season. Now all episodes started downloading. I don't want to download all of them and don't need to.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 5:50 AM

With iOS 5 all you had to do was swipe your finger across the download to cancel/delete the download. With iOS 6 I no longer see a way to do this. If someone knows a way please tell me as I have 40+ pending downloads I'd like to cancel and do later.

10 replies

Sep 20, 2012 6:11 AM in response to drewtlove

I used the iOS 6 Beta 3 earlier. I bought the Season just before updating to the 6.0 FINAL yesterday. I bought another episode JUST NOW and tried to delete that. And it worked. Only the "old" episodes are not deletable, a swipe just does nothing.

I guess I will need to download all of them and then delete them after being downloaded. Waste of bandwith, but could well be beta-behaviour.

Sep 20, 2012 6:16 AM in response to Johannes Görgen

Try this:

• Log out of your iTunes store account. Go to Settings > Store > Sign Out Then press the Home button.

• Then press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously and don't release them when it brings up the Turn Off screen; keep holding them until the Apple logo appears.

• After restart, the Waiting should be gone.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Aug 5, 2013 2:52 AM in response to Johannes Görgen

Tried both of these options numerous times:

1) • Log out of your iTunes store account. Go to Settings > Store > Sign Out Then press the Home button.

• Then press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously and don't release them when it brings up the Turn Off screen; keep holding them until the Apple logo appears.

• After restart, the Waiting should be gone.

2) wiping across a paused download allowed me to delete it.

Whhhhyy can't I get this to work?

I'm beyond frustrated. Trying to invent new ways to curse Apple.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.

Aug 17, 2013 8:34 PM in response to Nagoya83

I feel for you...I've just spent my whole Saturday night trying to figure this out and it doesn't look good - I have a series of TV shows that far outweighs the storage of my iPad and if I do one at a time it looks like it should take me about a month. This is BS. And Tom - stop posting the same thing re reboot - it doen't work! (you can't swipe them either...

Jan 4, 2014 4:06 AM in response to Tjprice13

To delete the download:

• Open the iTunes Store app.
  • Go to the 'Downloads' tab. If it's not visible, you might have to tap 'More', then 'Downloads'.
  • On the iPhone, swipe from right to left on the item (Hugo). A red 'Delete' button will appear - tap that.
  • On the iPad, tap 'Edit'. Select the item to delete by tapping the circle next to it. Tap 'Delete'.

How to cancel itunes download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.