Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 iTunes Match - How to download single song

Hi,

Is there any possibility how to download a single song from iTunes Match in iOS 6? All the iCloud icons disappeared (except for whole album). And how to recognize which songs are downloaded and which are just in the cloud?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 10:41 PM

49 replies

Sep 20, 2012 12:41 AM in response to jakudo

Hi,

that's exactly what's missing.

iTunes Match was deactivated on my iPad when the Update was finished and as I didn't notice iTunes switched to default and synced the whole music library. I stopped that process and wanted to download just few songs and playlists ... but ... *** ... no buttons for this anymore. I don't want to download the full albums and it should be possible to download a single file, again.

A button for downloading a whole playlist is missing as well.

Sep 20, 2012 12:54 AM in response to jakudo

Thx, there's really a button at the end of a playlist. I didn't scroll enough, as I opened a playlist with many songs and I didn't expect the button to be at the end. 🙂

I think the idea with iTunes Match is to download only the songs you need on your device. Without the single download feature that's not really possible.

Sep 20, 2012 6:02 AM in response to jakudo

The music App is a dramatic downgrade!

-No single song download on itunes match

-No way to know wich song you have on your phone vs. Those on icloud

-No way to delete songs

-when typing on a song that is on icloud, it starts playing and some user don't know if it's streaming or downloadng while playing ( like it used to ).

Itunes match used to be great and easy to use. Now without the single song download option, it worth noting when you're on 3g and don't have an unlimited plan!!!

We should all write to apple about this!!!

Sep 20, 2012 6:45 AM in response to jakudo

This is my first post. Like yourselves, I am a huge user of iTunes Match, and I see this software update as a downgrade.

-I know what songs I want to download to my iPhone 4, why should I have to listen to them first before them becoming available (downloaded to device).

-If i want to download 1 song from an album, why should I have to download the full album, then manually cancel the other 19 songs.

- I understand that if you want to start again you can delete the whole collection then re-download. On my home broadband speed in the UK that would take me all day.

Thankfully,I have yet to click update to iOS6 on the iPad.

Sep 20, 2012 7:09 AM in response to dazlaa

Like dazlaa I have never posted to these forums, but this problem with iTunes Match is so infuriating I felt I had to voice my thoughts. Just to let you all know this discussion is happening in a lot of other threads. Below is a link to one of the longer ones.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4310579?answerId=19632309022#19632309022&tstart=0#19632309?tstart=0

Sep 20, 2012 7:34 AM in response to jakudo

Gotta add my voice to the complaints. I am a fitness instructor and teach classes. I create playlist on my phone daily, from my library of 28,000 songs. Downloading individual tracks from the cloud ws an extremely important feature that can make or break my overall user experience and product satisfaction. Also, apple, you need to remember that many of us live in cities like New York and use subways where wifi is unavailable. Streaming is useless to me for much of my personal listening time, unlees you plan on wiring the entire New York City subway system in the next 3 months. Don't be stupid. Don't make me and my household with 6 Mac products switch to windows phone 8 over a stupid decision or an oversight. fix it.

iOS 6 iTunes Match - How to download single song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.