Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable the vibration feature for the Alarm?

I am trying to turn off the vibrate function for the alarm in the clock app. I have an iPhone 4S, running iOS 6. Thanks for the help.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 11:02 PM

16 replies

Dec 5, 2012 4:21 PM in response to Stewartlittle103

Hi guys , because we have no answer to our issue how to take off the vibration when alarm is on , and our other profiles like ringtones, messages , reminders and so on we need to keep them on vibrate mode , the best solution is to install a free application from store called "alarmed " ; I did put it down on my phone and now i can use the alarm clock without any vibration at all ! That's the answer to our issue , before Apple is going to find a solution !

Personally , I don't think is going to be fix it soon , as long as the apple script made for pop ups is general one !

Good luck everyone

Jan 15, 2013 6:05 PM in response to Stewartlittle103

Hi guys, I was having trouble just now with my 4s vibrating during an alarm which I really didn't want. It took a bit but I think I know what you can do. Try this: go into settings, sounds, and scroll down to your ring tones, text tone, calendar alerts, etc. Go into the calendar alerts and scroll up to vibration and change it to none. Do the same for reminder alerts. This should fix it as the going into sounds and doing vibrate on ring and silent "off" doesn't help. Hope this works for everyone!

Mar 25, 2013 2:20 PM in response to Scagglemeijer

How irritating!

This may work for alarms (haven't tried it), but I have vibrate turned off in every area possible and my 4S STILL vibrates when I use the timer. I set it on a table and use it for speakers in a conference room, so the vibrate is very obnoxious... I just need a little "ding" timer. We had to go buy a kitchen timer because the vibrations on the table are so grating.

Sep 26, 2013 5:46 AM in response to Stewartlittle103

Un poop'n believable. I have just recieved a warranty replacement 4s and I can't turn the vibrate off. It has OS7 and I am try to adjust to the 90's eruo display. But some of the programing changes are just too short sighted. I need vibration during the day because of the noise level at work. I don't need it at 5am. None of the above "fixes" work for me. I made a custom vibrate, just one short burst then silence, but can't access it to asign it to the alarm. Where is the vibration for the alarm asigned? It is not tied to Calendar Alerts or Reminder alerts.

Jul 3, 2014 11:37 PM in response to Stewartlittle103

I have seen many answers that did not work here. So here is my clear explanation of what I had to do, using iOS 7.1.2 on an iPhone, to get it so that the horrible buzzing vibrate does not happen when you set the clock alarm clock. It is not a dream solution, because the method does ALSO influence the vibration behavior for OTHER sounds on your phone.

1-- In settings > sounds, down inside the section Reminder Alerts I have vibration set to none. (this may not actually be necessary for the above goal. just how I have it set.)

2-- In settings > sounds, down inside the section Calendar Alerts I have vibration set to none. (this may not actually be necessary for the above goal. just how I have it set.)

3-- The main thing: In settings > sounds, at the very top, I had to turn both Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent OFF. (The reason I turned that Vibrate on Silent to be off is because I have my settings > Do Not Disturb > Scheduled set to make my phone go into Do Not Disturb mode between 10pm and 7am. So for this "no vibrate on alarm" goal, I have to have Vibrate on Silent off, or the phone would say, oh, he's in silent mode because of do not disturb... I should do Vibrate! ... You may wonder why my alarm would be set for a time inside my do not disturb period. That's because the only time I use my alarm is when I am getting up at weird ungodly hours for flights, etc. I don't use my alarm for normal waking before work.)

Under these circumstances, your alarm clock will not make the horrible buzz before ringing.

... But again, this is not a happy solution, because it will also have an effect on your phone's RINGER... your ringer will now never vibrate. So, if you never hear your phone when it's ringing in your pocket... the function of the vibrate to remedy that situation is disabled by this method.

Apple really does need to create an additional entry in the Settings > Sounds section just to address the Clock Alarm... it is ridiculous.

How to disable the vibration feature for the Alarm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.