Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook events in Calendar?

Hi,

I just upgraded to 1.8.2 and I really like the Facebook integration in Contacts and Notifications. But what about Calendar?

On iOS all my Facebook events show up in a separat Calendar Section within Calendar (you know what I mean).

Am I missing something or is the Facebook integration in OSX currently incabale of that?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:02 AM

You're right in that a FB calendar is not enabled by default in OS X. You can add one yourself though:

Visit Facebook in Safari. Click 'Events' under your name on the left hand side of the page. Click the cog symbol at the top right (usually labelled 'Today'), select 'Export' from the drop down menu and click 'upcoming events'. Calendar will open and prompt you to subscribe to your FB events - give the new calendar a name and an auto-refresh period (e.g. daily), and set its location to 'On My Mac' rather than 'iCloud' (otherwise you'll end up with two FB calendars on your iPad/iPhone).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2012 12:02 AM in response to Torsten85

You're right in that a FB calendar is not enabled by default in OS X. You can add one yourself though:

Visit Facebook in Safari. Click 'Events' under your name on the left hand side of the page. Click the cog symbol at the top right (usually labelled 'Today'), select 'Export' from the drop down menu and click 'upcoming events'. Calendar will open and prompt you to subscribe to your FB events - give the new calendar a name and an auto-refresh period (e.g. daily), and set its location to 'On My Mac' rather than 'iCloud' (otherwise you'll end up with two FB calendars on your iPad/iPhone).

Facebook events in Calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.