Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 6 itunes match totally screwed

iTunes match is screwed in ios 6.

First of all, which area do you use to turn it on? It shows up in two differnet settings areas. Settings > Music. And also Settings > iTunes and App Stores.

Set one to "On" and the other stays off.

And no matter which is turned on or off or both on, itunes Match never loads.

So, then I turn them both off and the iTune Match cloud stays in the Music app. Even though I've turned it off.

I hate this crappy, buggy update!

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:33 AM

11 replies

Sep 20, 2012 3:05 AM in response to explorz

Oh, it gets better. They made a lot of changes to iTunes match in iOS 6. It is now a "streaming service." You cannot download individual songs or delete any songs while iTunes match is enabled on iOS 6 - at least on my iPhone 4. Streaming my music is great as long as I am connected to the internet. Living in a rural area, that's not always my situation.

iTunes match has been the worst Apple experience. I really hope that Apple is reading this. It might be time for people to try Amazon's Cloud Player service.

Sep 20, 2012 3:35 AM in response to explorz

I have a similar problem. On my iPad the cloud never louds.. Or starts and never finish's, it's very hit and miss.

On iPhone or iPad you can't delete stuff if iTunes Match is enabled and there is no clear way of seeing what music is stored locally or in the cloud when "Show all music" is enabled and even that is hit and miss.. It worked beautifully in iOS5, now it's useless.

Sep 20, 2012 4:06 AM in response to explorz

Same problem with me. I have enabled iTunes match on my iOS6 device (although with two places to change this function, and some of them deciding to turn themselves off each time, this is very confusing) and now some of the album artwork appears but no songs show and nothing plays when you click on it. The wheel turns in the top bar, but nothing further seems to update or download and altough all my albums are shown, there is nothing in them

Am hoping some sequence of shutting down/restoring etc will fix the problem, although it sounds like with iOS6 streaming the songs is the default option which is annoying

Sep 20, 2012 7:04 AM in response to theresafromedgewater

Here is another post discussing the same problem. I just wanted everyone to know that this is problem for a lot a people and hopefully they will change it back quickly, if enought people send a unified message that they are extrememly unsatisfied with these changes.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4310579?answerId=19632309022#19632309022&tstart=0#19632309?tstart=0

Sep 29, 2012 5:04 AM in response to explorz

iOS 6 does turn match into a streaming service. Pretty poor if you live in the six or have data restrictions.

I emailed them and got a full refund.

They sold the service as one thing then changed it without consult..

LAME LAME LAME. Apple should be ashamed of this "change"

I liked the iOS 5 version, keep your local tunes synced and add your extra stuff on the fly.. Awesome.. WHY CHANGE IT!

The least they could have done was add a toggle to decide how iTunes Match would work... I'm sure some people prefer streaming...

The other issue is the streaming service seamed to add "other files" to my phone 10gb to be specific. Some kind of cache?..

Oh we'll I'm out of it, people should get refunds and show apple how bad it is...

ios 6 itunes match totally screwed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.