Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather Widget always Blank (can't manually set location)

I'd be happy if someone can propose a solution. Since upgrading to iOS6 my weather widget in the notification center is blank, both for forcast and current weather. If I open the Weather application, indeed the Local page is blank although I have other cities enabled.

I know for a fact under iOS 5 there was a way to manually set location, but now I'm I don't see a way. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I just missing something?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 1:51 AM

Of course after posting I figured out the solution. It seems that this is caused because the Local setting gets added to the weather application even if you had it disabled previously. In order to resolve this you can go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and proceed to enable and then disable the Weather toggle.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2012 1:51 AM in response to Czicks

Of course after posting I figured out the solution. It seems that this is caused because the Local setting gets added to the weather application even if you had it disabled previously. In order to resolve this you can go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and proceed to enable and then disable the Weather toggle.

Sep 20, 2012 2:01 AM in response to Czicks

Aft a bit more looking into things, I seem to found an odd bug. Normally if you go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and disable Weather, the Local Weather page will no longer display in the weather application or the widget (notification bar). This is for manually setting your location.

Now if you enable restrictions for Location Services with Weather disabled the Local Weather reappears but remains blank.

Weather Widget always Blank (can't manually set location)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.