Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone notice the iphone 4 battery life with iOS 6 drains very quickly?

Just using the Twitter app for 30 mins took about 7% off. When sitting idle with the screen off, it seems to hold the battery ok, but pulling data in using Safari or the Twitter app is where I'm noticing quick drops. Going to try Spotify for a bit and will report back later.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 1:26 AM

10 replies

Sep 20, 2012 5:31 AM in response to RichardJones

Are you capable of searching? There are already multiple other threads related to iOS6 and battery life.

Like with all other iOS updates there will be a number of users that complain of faster than "normal" battery drain.

There will also be a number of users that rave about the "new and improved" battery life.

There will be the vast majority of users that notice no difference.

Sep 20, 2012 5:47 AM in response to diesel vdub

What a helpful response. Thank you for educating me in how to use the internet. The fact that putting the keywords from the title of this post into the intial interface that the Apple Discussion's site presented, threw up no releated topics, led me to post this.

This is the first time an iOS update has given me a vastly different battery life I wanted to see if any other iPhone "4" users had a similar issue considering this is a new OS.

Again, thank you.

Sep 20, 2012 10:15 AM in response to RichardJones

6:15pm and I am down to 25% battery life on an average use day (bit of music, bit of browsing). I would usually be on around 50-60%. Having to charge it now for the evening as I am out. Never had to do that before in 2 years.

The updates for the iPhone 4 have been tweaks. To be crippled with a poorly performing battery is very disappointing. Hope there's a fix in the next week or I might to try and find a way to roll back.

Sep 20, 2012 10:19 AM in response to RichardJones

Try doing basic troubleshooting as described in the User's Guide, which is reset, restart, restore (first from new then from backup). I'm almost positive that one of those steps will resolve your battery drain issue.

If it does not, likely culprits are a badly coded app (or app update for iOS6), hardware issue, or a possible issue in iOS6.

However, until the basics are ruled out, claiming it is an iOS6 issue is simply jumping to conclusions.

Sep 20, 2012 11:44 AM in response to RichardJones

I have an iphone 4. Similar problems. Check Settings/Privacy/Location Services/System Services (scroll to the bottom) ios6 turned these all on for me. I turned off Genius for Apps, Location-Based iAds, Traffic, and Maps from Location Services. Also check Settings/General/Cellular, I turned off iTunes, Passbook Updates, & Reading List. My battery life has seemed to improve.

Sep 23, 2012 10:54 AM in response to RichardJones

Well, in my opinion the battery life with iOS 6 on iPhone 4S is now much better!

1 % left and I have 8 hrs and 17 minutes usage and 1 day 7 hrs standby time. (I browsed the web, sent some E-Mails with pictures & received some text E-Mails, made some calls, used iMessage, Siri, Facebook, iCal, Contacts and other apps like Dropbox. Also I have 2 E-Mail accounts on "Push" and iCloud activated with all its features, except iCloud Mail and iTunes Match!)

With iOS 5.1.1 I hardly reached 6 hrs usage time.

Anyone notice the iphone 4 battery life with iOS 6 drains very quickly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.