Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facebook account integration

Guys....I have a problem to add facebook account into ML 10.8.2 It always get me message: Unable to verify account name or password. Password is 100% correct, I am using it for web login. What I am not sure is username and settings under facebook. Please can someone post step by step procedure how to add facebook account? Also facebook settings mandatory for add account into ML. Thank you.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 1:50 AM

10 replies

Sep 20, 2012 3:39 AM in response to klau3363

Ouuu yeah....I finally found solution. Everything is about Facebook privacy settings. They are following:

Under Account Settings -> Security -> Login approvals are not required....

Under privacy Settings -> How you connect -> All settings to Everyone

Under privacy Settings -> Ads, Apps and Websites -> Allow public search and also allow apps

So if you want integrate facebook account into Mountain Lion, you should consider if it is not security risk for you. Personnaly, I dont like setting like this so most probably I will not integrate facebook into mountain lion....

Sep 20, 2012 5:52 AM in response to ochaqi

I actually only did the first and third of what you listed and I logged in fine. I still have my "how you connect" settings to friends only. I think it is really only dependent on the third section you listed. I would try it with the first one, "login approvals ARE required" but I don't want to give Facebook my phone number to simply test that out.

facebook account integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.