Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after updated my I Phone 4s to ios 6 ,the Auto -Brightness not work ??????????

the Auto-brightness not work ????? why ????

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 8:24 PM

Sensor works very well, both on 4S and 5 but people do not know how to set it correct.

1. You need to set slider on minimum brightness

2. Turn auto-brightness one ON/OFF and set it on ON, than it will adjust automaticly

"Auto-Brightness:

The auto-dim feature got significantly improved in iOS 6. The best improvement is brightness adjustment in the lock screen. Before, in a dark room, I would be blasted with the iPad or iPhone’s default brightness before sliding to unlock and having it dim down to match the room’s brightness. Now, from the moment the screen turns on, the brightness is appropriate.

In all previous versions of iOS, the light sensor would sense the room’s brightness and then suddenly make the brightness adjustment. In iOS 6, the auto-brightness adjustment is gradual and much more subtle, like the Mac. "

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2012 8:24 PM in response to mqudah

Sensor works very well, both on 4S and 5 but people do not know how to set it correct.

1. You need to set slider on minimum brightness

2. Turn auto-brightness one ON/OFF and set it on ON, than it will adjust automaticly

"Auto-Brightness:

The auto-dim feature got significantly improved in iOS 6. The best improvement is brightness adjustment in the lock screen. Before, in a dark room, I would be blasted with the iPad or iPhone’s default brightness before sliding to unlock and having it dim down to match the room’s brightness. Now, from the moment the screen turns on, the brightness is appropriate.

In all previous versions of iOS, the light sensor would sense the room’s brightness and then suddenly make the brightness adjustment. In iOS 6, the auto-brightness adjustment is gradual and much more subtle, like the Mac. "

after updated my I Phone 4s to ios 6 ,the Auto -Brightness not work ??????????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.