Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code (9) when upgrading to iOS 6

Last night I downloaded the iOS 6 software to my iPhone 4 (without connecting to iTunes). This morning it had apparently restarted, showing the 'connect to iTunes'-symbol on the display. Doing that, iTunes downloaded the software (again?) and came up with the message that an iPhone that needed to be restored was connected. I tried to restore, but now I get the message that the iPhone can not be restored, an unknown error occured (9). It is translated from the Danish error message, so it may not be completely correct.

Error code 9 is something with the USB connection, so I tried everything Apple support says about this without any result: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US#error9 I tried on a different USB port, with several different cables, on a different Mac... All with the same result. iTunes keep saying that the iPhone needs to be restored and then prompts that this is not possible. So now the phone is 'bricked'.

There are no Apple Stores in Denmark, so I am stuck with my vendor (TDC) who just have the message that they can take it in for three weeks, but if it says it needs to connect to iTunes they will do nothing about it beacause it is my own problem and I have to follow Apple's instructions...

Does anybody have a clur about what to do in this situation? The phone worked perfectly fine before and I even backed it up via USB earlier yesterday, meaning there are no hardware problems as such and no problems with the USB connection.

Thanks!

/Jesper

iPhone 4, iOS 6, Unknown Error (9)

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 2:51 AM

There are no replies.

Error Code (9) when upgrading to iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.