Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No 3G or EDGE signal after upgrading to iOS 6

Since I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 last night, my phone steadfastly refuses to find any 3G or EDGE data signals. It's not a problem with my provider (Orange Jordan) becasue I checked my wife's iPhone 4 still on 5.1.1 and she's fine. I've rebooted the phone, I've repeatedly turned cell data and 3G off and on, and I even turned off automatic carrier detection, but none of it will return my 3G or EDGE signal.

I'm at my wit's end. Somebody please help!

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 3:31 AM

51 replies

Sep 20, 2012 5:51 AM in response to pd_THOR

Same here.. upgrade the 4s from 5.1.1 to IOS6 yesterday.. was on WiFi at home so did not notice.. and guess what.. no 3G when I walked out this morning

Purchased some iCloud space for a backup and did a restore of the phone (not via iTunes but on the phone) and restored iCloud backup.. but no dice!!

Not happy! I need 3G as this is my work phone.. so will try a restore to 5.1.1 tonight and it better start working again -.-

Sep 20, 2012 9:02 AM in response to Digney

@all

Just hooked up the iPhone 4S to iTunes and hit the 'restore' option. This will re-download the IOS 6.0 Image from Apple and install it onto the iPhone 4s and remove any remains from the first upgrade (according Apple)

Install went fine without any hickups or errors. Went through the hole process of activating the iPhone and did not (yet) restore the backup and set it up as a new iPhone.

Result: Still NO 3G Signal !!

So either it does not remove everything.. or it is a software issue for certain revisions of the iPhone :-(

No 3G or EDGE signal after upgrading to iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.