Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps app shows NO "place" labels of things around you!!

I am really beside myself on this one. I'm a pilot, usually spending a lot of nights in different hotels, in new cities. For the past 4 years I've used the maps app to scope out areas near hotels, because it used to LABEL almost everything in sight.

Now, there are virtually no labeled places!! Amazingly, and here's the BEST (sarcastic) part... The data is THERE!!!!

If I search for virtually anything I know is there (Starbucks, El Dorado furntiture, Dunkin' Donuts... Etc.) it magically appears, with FULL information; however, the app will NOT just show what is around me with labels.

You can no longer "scope out" your area. This is BEYOND frustrating!!!!

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 4:20 AM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2012 4:35 AM in response to Xactly

Did you even read my post? The old version of Maps did this perfectly.

Yes there are third party apps that may give some of this functionality, but they are not integrated within the ios (phone call link, add to bookmarks, share, message location, etc.

I should not have to resort to an inferior third party app when this functionality has been integrated within the maps app for the last 5 years and now poof it's gone.

Maps app shows NO "place" labels of things around you!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.