Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage unification setup for wife's iPad

My wife and I each have an iPad and iPhone. I setup iOS 6 last night on my devices without issue. When updating hers, the iPad would only give my phone number as an option to select for iMessage. How can I add her number to my account so that it can be used for her devices to be unified? Also, we are sharing one iTunes account. Would it be as simple as creating her a separate iCloud account?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 4:31 AM

10 replies

Sep 20, 2012 12:13 PM in response to Ryanhe7

I read in another forum that someone else had some success... it wasn't too clear, but I can't try it until I get home and get my hands on her phone. I think if I set her phone up with iOS 6 and get iMessage working on her phone it somehow adds her number into the "system" at which time I can see it as an option on her iPad. Not sure if this will work, but maybe someone else will try it before I get home and we can have an answer.

Sep 28, 2012 6:28 PM in response to TigerSam

I'm experiencing a similar issue - no option to add a phone number in the Messages app on my mac.

Nevermind, I figured it out! I had to sign out out and back in (using my Apple ID), in both the Messages app, and in the settings of the iPhone under "messages."

After doing this, a promt appeared in the Messages App, telling me that it found my phone number.

iMessage unification setup for wife's iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.