Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac os x 10.7.5 crashes photoshop cs4

I upgraded to 10.7.5 and photoshop cs4 crashes on startup! Everything worked fine on 10.7.4. Has anyone else had problems with adobe cs4 products and this upgrade?

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:04 AM

Hi Dennis

Jep, i had the same problem! OSX 10.7.5 and Phtoshop CS4.

After checking the Error-Console, i saw this:

" … Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread …

0 com.extensis.AutoActivationPlugin.PS11 …"

Though i deactivated the Plugin of Photoshop CS4 in Suitcase Fusion 3. Then, Photoshop will start again.

Hope, this would help you.

Regards

Alex

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2012 9:04 AM in response to Dennis Dix1

Hi Dennis

Jep, i had the same problem! OSX 10.7.5 and Phtoshop CS4.

After checking the Error-Console, i saw this:

" … Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread …

0 com.extensis.AutoActivationPlugin.PS11 …"

Though i deactivated the Plugin of Photoshop CS4 in Suitcase Fusion 3. Then, Photoshop will start again.

Hope, this would help you.

Regards

Alex

Sep 20, 2012 9:22 AM in response to SinusMedii

Alex,

I didn't check the error-console (need to learn for future problems) but had the suspision it might be the suitcase fusion plugin causing the problem as it was the last thing loading at startup before the crash. I'm running suitcase fusion 4.

Why doesn't the font plugin for illustrator or indesign cause the same problem?

I down graded back to 10.7.4 from time machine so I have everything working at the moment.

Maybe extensis support will have a solution soon so I can upgrade to 10.7.5.

Downgrading to 10.7.4 caused my cs4 license to get lost so there is a whole process to correct that! I wish I would have tried deactivating the plugin before I spend all this time downgrading.

Sep 20, 2012 9:29 AM in response to Dennis Dix1

Hi Dennis

Oh, i'm sorry! I can imagine that you had a lot of work for downgrading the system.

I realy don't know why only PS crashes with the activated plugin of Suitcase. InDesign and Illustrator still work fine. And for the moment, i can work in PS without the plugin (i need it on this Mac only for Webdesign).

I hope, you can fix it with the license, good luck!

Best regards

Alex

Sep 24, 2012 9:54 AM in response to dddd49

dddd49,

I'm using Suitcase Fusion 4 not 3.

Go to your applications/photoshop/Plug-ins/Automate/ExtensisFontManagementPSCS4.plugin and remove ExtensisFontManagementPSCS4.plugin maybe to desktop for later use.

Your fonts will not auto activate but when you Quit and Restart Photoshop any newly activated fonts should be available.

Another way is to open suitcase fusions perferences and deacitivate the plug-in from there.

I have contacted Extensis about this and they are looking into the problem, will post solution when they give me an answer.

Sep 27, 2012 3:52 PM in response to Dennis Dix1

I have the same problem. Reinstalling 10.7.4 then caused Safari to crash, so I booted from my backup drive but for some reason CCC didn't seem to have backed up some files because my Keyboard Maestro macros stopped working (I had to redo them, and I keep coming across some I've forgotten). CyberDuck also behaved as though I'd only just downloaded it; so that was another file missing. Grrr! I guess we now have to wait for 10.7.6 to come out.

mac os x 10.7.5 crashes photoshop cs4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.