Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

World Clock missing key cities

I'm confused. Richmond is the capital of Virginia, and yet it isn't an option to choose on the World clock? Am I missing something there? Why would you want to know the time AND temperature of a city that no one you know lives in? If it's just to keep track of time zones, then why include temperatures?

I have friends and family around the world, and it would be convient to use the World Clock App to set up everyone by their city - not the major city in their time zone. Using NYC for family in Richmond may give me the time, but it doesn't really help with the weather if I know I'm headed that way in the next 24 hours.

Is there a fix for this? Or is this just one of those quirks to keep people from doing things like manually setting their location in Date & Time so that Location Services has to be used?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2017 11:19 AM

Yes,the same thing happened to me when I tried to add Trenton nj but it would let me do I asked Siri and she tells me the tim but whenever I look on the list it's not their apple needs to fix this problem.

12 replies

Sep 20, 2012 3:27 PM in response to kb1951

The problem is that the new clock app also has weather built in. For example, the closest city to me is Columbus, Ohio and it is great to have the time. However, why do I care what the weather is in Columbus when I live in Cincinnati? The iPhone weather app supports all cities. Why wouldn't the clock also support all cities?

Nov 23, 2013 8:16 AM in response to Loquos

Over a year later, and this still hasn't been addressed? Really? I mean, I'm running the latest everything on my iPad, and I still can't get any closer to Richmond, VA than Washington, DC. What is the point of this feature in the app if you can't even get within 100 miles of the location you need to know about??

Apr 13, 2016 1:14 PM in response to Loquos

Hermintage , Nashville time zone also not found in preloaded IOS 9 World clock app it's really strange that we can't trace simple time zones of some major places even in well developed USA. Apple team please come up with some solution by icluding nuke & corners all cities timezones to avoid this frustration from

Apple users. We don't want to use 3rd party app for this simple reason. Thanks 😕

World Clock missing key cities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.