Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Keyboard, Magic Mouse stopped working

This morning, I had a working Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard attached to my MBP 6,2 in 10.6.8. I then installed the security update that was pushed, rebooted, and now neither device works. The mouse shows up in available devices, but won't connect. I've watched it several times briefly light up green in the Bluetooth devices list and then instantly go red again. The keyboard simply no longer shows up in the device list, even when I try to discover new devices. The batteries in both devices are fine: the green LED lights up for a few seconds on both when I turn them on, which used to mean that they were paired and connected.

I've tried the generic troubleshooting stuff, which may be a bit outdated even for SL:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3048

All I found in the log was a few sets of these, which I assume are related but I can't find any information on these errors:

9/20/12 10:42:59 AMkernel[0cd4c000][BNBMouseDevice::init][54] init is complete
9/20/12 10:42:59 AMkernel[BNBMouseDevice][handleStart] staticPrepControlChannelAction returned error e00002c0
9/20/12 10:42:59 AMkernel[BNBMouseDevice][handleStart] calling staticWillTerminateAction().
9/20/12 10:42:59 AMkernel[BNBMouseDevice][handleStart] Failed.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:50 AM

I don't know what this update did, but in order to get things working again, I had to:

- shut down the MBP

- take the batteries out of both devices

- start the MBP and log in

- one at a time, put the batteries in the device, turn it on, and re-pair it to the MBP

Any idea what in this "security update" would have screwed up my Bluetooth pairings?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2012 8:50 AM in response to deesto

I don't know what this update did, but in order to get things working again, I had to:

- shut down the MBP

- take the batteries out of both devices

- start the MBP and log in

- one at a time, put the batteries in the device, turn it on, and re-pair it to the MBP

Any idea what in this "security update" would have screwed up my Bluetooth pairings?

Wireless Keyboard, Magic Mouse stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.