Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb - Groups Not Showing Up

I've been wanting this do not disturb feature ever since I left the blackberry. I wish apple would just make it so you can select a couple of contacts rather than Everyone, No One, or Favorites.

It looks like in order to select certain contacts I need to put them in a Group. I did this in outlook and titled it Ring Through. It does show up in my contacts when I view the groups.

User uploaded file

The problem is when I go to set the group in the notifications area of do not disturb the group isn't listed. Does apple not support groups from outlook in here, all I have is all contacts as a group when clearly there are other groups in my contacts??

User uploaded file

Any advice would be appreciated.

Stan

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:39 AM

6 replies

Oct 7, 2012 3:43 PM in response to drcpdromd

Exactly the same issue, it is like DND is not managing group like Exchange does.

They reserves this functionnality for the people who are using group created in iphone/itunes (sync with Outlook for example).

I hope they are going to think about Exchange users (more than 80% of professional users where this functionality is usefull) in IOS6.1 to solve this issue...

Oct 8, 2012 8:07 AM in response to luvluvapplelongtime

Luv- that 1st photo posted is from the groups page in the contacts area. So just select phone, then contacts, then in the upper left it will show your groups. The ring through is a group I made in outlook and exhange put it to my phone but it doesn't show up in my DND settings. The second photo is the do not disturb page where the 3 options are. If you are syncing with outlook through Itunes then I'm guessing the group you made will show up here.

To make a group in outlook you just go to your contacts right click on on the contacts then select make new folder, Put your contacts in this and they will show up in the group... again I believe if you are manually syncing. My problem is exchange doesn't do this for some reason.

Do Not Disturb - Groups Not Showing Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.