Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with keyboard shortcuts after iOS 6 update?

Just to be clear what I am talking about, I am talking about Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts.

My keyboard shortcuts stopped working after the software update. I have deleted and recreated them and nothing.

Anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:08 AM

19 replies

Sep 20, 2012 11:08 PM in response to mholmes205

It seems like there might be a bug with the iCloud syncing. For me the issue persisted even after trying to reboot as well as delete all of my shortcuts and recreate them, I tried turning off documents and data syncing (settings > iCloud > documents & data). After turning that off, I deleted all of my shortcuts, rebooted, recreated my shortcuts and then turned back on the syncing. That seemed to fix the problem for me. It might not be necessary to delete and recreate the shortcuts-I just tried it to be safe.

Sep 23, 2012 2:31 PM in response to LatishaM

Really? Never rebooted it? Apple states that its a good idea to reboot every day, to keep everything fresh and working correctly. To be honest I only reboot when it seems like it needs it. I had a blackberry too, which is why I love the iphone so!!!!!

I havent had anymore problems with my shortcuts after I rebooted. My thought is this is a issue with icloud. Give it some time, apple with have it fixed!!!!

Problems with keyboard shortcuts after iOS 6 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.