Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Traffic Information - Maps (iOS 6)

I have little to no traffic information everywhere in the new Maps app for iOS 6. Why is that? Who else is experiencing this issue?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:16 AM

13 replies

Oct 4, 2012 2:03 AM in response to eingrody

Google map was

No color = no data

Green= ok

Amber = slow

red = stop & Go

Now

No color = no data or Ok traffic, you gamble it

Amber = slow

Red = Stop & Go

I live in LA.

Use to depend on traffic info from iPhone map include local streets.

Now I don't now if no traffic data(no color) or okay traffic(no color).

I use Inrix (app)

I don't know if its cover Seattle but it works good in LA

but Inrix is not good "Map" app.

Safari or chrome google map is not as good to see neither Bing.

I am hoping apple change traffic color green for Okay traffic.

Oct 14, 2012 4:31 PM in response to abobeck11

abobeck11, are you sure ?

How app know if he/she is walking, bicycling or sitting in parked car on street?
or bunch people in Bus stopping at every other blocks ?

How about 03:00 in the morning, nobody on street ?
It won't show any traffic data? if nobody on the street ?

at least freeway info is coming from SigAlert (in LA)

Google, Apple, Bing or other traffic app shows same info for accident and Constructions.

Only apple map doesn't show Green data (neither on Freeway nor street).

Dec 11, 2012 6:11 AM in response to eingrody

Searched on this issue and landed here. Using iOS 6 on an iPhone 4, and there is absolutely no date in Orlando. The map app was something I relied upon previously, as there are darned few road alternatives, and a backup means leaving early. Now I don't have that option on the phone, I have to go look at Traffic.com like I did years ago...

Very annoying lack of functionality on the map.

Apr 3, 2013 6:15 PM in response to Carl Ely

1. I didn't mind the lack of color implying traffic was good because sometimes in google maps, when the whole map gets overlaid with greens and yellows and reds, I can no longer see streets and exit numbers and things like that anymore. So I actually kind of liked this feature, but maybe that was my downfall.

2. My complaint is that the traffic info is not real-time. It seems to lag by 15-30 minutes. I made the assumption that for I-5 in Southern California there would always be some traffic data available so green must mean good to go. Maybe that's not the case. I regularly see no traffic colors so assume all is good but then I always hit traffic. 15 minutes of bumper to bumper later, magically the traffic data shows up. Is it my phone that is in fact providing the traffic data for my own traffic updates. Surely when it's bumper to bumper on I-5 there's another person with an iPhone and there should be TomTom data. Why the continual lag?

Traffic Information - Maps (iOS 6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.