Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't restore my iphone 4s

hi all, i can't restore my iphone 4s and then upgrade to ios6, everytime the same error message occours, the 3014 error. i also tried to restore it by the recovery mode, without success.

Can anyone help me?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:53 AM

1 reply

Sep 20, 2012 10:01 AM in response to diego_m

Hey.. I have had this issue since yesterday afternoon.. Some people are saying to keep restoring again and again until it finally goes through.. I have done so like 10 times on my MAC and then I used my husband's PC and tried it 4 times.. No success.. I called apple support, but no help came from there at the end, and the only thing they were able to suggest to me is to sell me a new phone just like mine for a discounted price.. **** NO

Anyways after about 18h of search and stress I came across this link:

http://techglobex.blogspot.com/2012/06/downgrade-from-ios-6-beta-firmware-to.htm l

That will only make it possibe to go backward.. You will end up back with the IOS 5, but at least you will have a working phone and it will bring back all your contacts and everything else that you ever had backed up on icloud and on your computer. There might be descripencies with the Applications but again this is an issue easily solved, you can always download them back.

Two more things: One, you do not have to download the old version of the itunes, the newest version worked for me without any issues

When choosing to download the older IOS 5.1.1, you will need to figure out whether your carrier is GSM or CDMA but you can easily google this info online..

Well hope that will work for you like it did for me

i can't restore my iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.