Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 podcast app keeps pausing

The new podcast app ios6 keeps pausing. Any suggestio

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 11:01 AM

36 replies

Sep 20, 2012 11:33 AM in response to Chszak

I had the same problem. That was just one of the galring problems with this worthless app, such as not supporting playlists.

The workaround was simple: I deleted it from my iPhone, with no intent of ever installing it again.

After you do that, restart your phone and the iTunes app will handle all the podcasts again, just like it did and as it always should.

In all seriousness, the people behind this app should lose their jobs.

Sep 21, 2012 6:51 AM in response to Chszak

The problem is caused becase you have the music app open, probably because that is how you used to listen to podcasts, and the pod cast app open. If you close the Music app the Podcast app will continue to run like you expect it too. That is why powering off works, but no need to go that far just close the music app and it works great too. Please remember to close the app you actually need to:

1. make sure you are NOT in the music app

2. double click the button so your screen slide up and shows you the apps that are running

3. put your finger on and hold it on the orange itunes icon for the music app, this is just like you would do to move the icon on the regular screen.

4. after a few seconds the app will shake and have a ➖ sign next to it, CLICK that ➖ and the app will actually close.

This is still a bug that needs fixed.

Sep 21, 2012 6:51 AM in response to ATOMIC_BOY

I deleted the Podcast app as well, and restarted, and tried to download a podcast from itunes on the iPhone and it says "Podcasts Required- You must have podcasts app to download this content."

Is there something more I have to do to get iTunes to download podcasts on my phone? (unsyncing something, change versions of something)?

Thanks

Sep 21, 2012 2:51 PM in response to Chszak

Just want to express my frustration. De podcast app only plays when it's on screen. You can't multiply task with it, as soon as you press the home button, the podcast stops playing! Unfortunately the 'switching off the music app' did not work for me. It kept pausing.

I simply don't understand how and why Apple brought out an app which is so unbelievably badly designed and riddled with bugs. I paid for iCatcher, it works, many more options, more control. The Apple Podcast app is an insult to podcast lovers.

Lift your game Apple!

Sep 23, 2012 2:14 PM in response to halorune

I didn't delete the app, but tried the hard reset, then I tried turning off the shake to shuffle option (with another hard reset), and I could listen to the podcast uninterrupted. I tried it out for a couple minutes successfully, then I docked the 4S on my speaker dock, and it starts having problems again with the stopping.

edit - Both before and after the reset, I had no other apps running in the background.

Sep 25, 2012 7:30 AM in response to Chszak

I just also wanted to add my frustrations to this list. I keep having the Podcast app repeatedly pause at random intervals. Sometimes once a minute, sometimes over and over, seconds in between. Getting really frustrated. I have tried powering off my iPhone and also shutting down music app while Podcast app is up. Still having this issue. If Apple is going to push Podcasts to a new app, make sure the app isn't busted, please!

On iPhone 4S with iOS6

Sep 25, 2012 9:37 PM in response to calderheadj

I'm with you! My podcasts now pause as soon as I leave the new podcast app to open other apps or surf the net, whereas before--when they were accessed via music--I could start up the podcast & click out of it & it would still play. Same thing happens when the 'auto-lock' kicks in. I had the auto-lock set to kick in after 4 minutes of idle time, but now I have to disable it while podcasts play. I can accept the inability to move to other apps or surf the web, but it's ridiculous that podcasts pause when the display locks. I wish it could be accessed via the music app again; I just want to be able to listen to podcasts again without having to restart them several times during a single episode.

iOS 6 podcast app keeps pausing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.