Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 Bluetooth problems

So I have an iPhone 4S and IPad 2. I have updated them both to iOS 6 and am having Bluetooth problems on both devices... It connects and plays for about a minute and for some odd reason it cuts out every couple seconds/minutes. I have to keep pausing or skipping tracks in order for the music to play comfortably again. This happens to me on BOTH devices and also happens on my buddies iPhone 4S as well.

I never had any of these problems in iOS 5... So does anyone know if it could be a bug or how I can fix it?

Using- Beats Wireless

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 11:42 AM

506 replies

Sep 20, 2012 6:15 PM in response to Stevo14896

I have the same problem on my iPhone and my iPad.. I have another problem on my iphone when I am using my Bluetooth headset and switch over to my car Bluetooth, I lose my blue tooth connection to both.

All of these problems happened after I upgrade to iOS6. The only option that I have right now is to go back to iOS 5.1.1

Apple always has problems with all the wireless connections on the new devices or operating systems.. I remember iPhone 4 problems

Sep 20, 2012 9:10 PM in response to Stevo14896

I have a similar issue with ios 6 but mine simply doesn't read. I have a pioneer AVH 2400BT radio installed in my car which is licensed by apple for iPod connectivity. So I was very confused to learn that after updating my phone, the Bluetooth setting could no longer display weather or not the phone was connected at all but would still play audio. The biggest issue I have with this is that I can no longer control the audio through the radio, I would have to manually use my phone to know what my car is playing and to take phone calls, all of this with a apple licensed product? Needless to say I'm very disappointed.

Sep 20, 2012 10:48 PM in response to Stevo14896

I have several Bluetooth audio devices and all of them are having the audio skipping or stopping issue with my iPhone 4S and my 3rd gen iPad. Many other people are having the same issue. I already tried deleting the association between the devices and pairing them again but that did not work. I am thinking about trying a reset on the device to see if that resolves it.

Sep 22, 2012 4:08 PM in response to Stevo14896

I also have this problem i listen to alot of music and podcasts that i purchased from itunes and since iv updated my iphone 4 to ios 6, i listen through wireless headphones through bluetooth and its really unnacceptable that this is the case, i really want to downgrade to ios 5.1.1 but i dont know how? :-( as i mainly use my phone for wireless music and it was fine on ios5.1.1. Grrrrrr. Please apple help

Sep 23, 2012 2:24 AM in response to Stevo14896

Same problem with me and Dre Beats wireless headphones which are not cheap and a mere week old. I had some sympathy from some guys at Apple but little from their supervisor who said Apple could not be held responsible for the performance of third party equipment after software updates. I pointed out that the 'phones are still featured on the Apple store site as compatible - an effort was then made to say it was because I bought them elsewhere and the model number was wrong by one figure or something - all sounded a bit desperate. Controlled anger from me had the issue raised to one of priority and I am expecting a call in a couple of days. I'll update here accordingly. 😟

Sep 23, 2012 10:25 AM in response to chrisfromhove

chrisfromhove wrote:

... supervisor who said Apple could not be held responsible for the performance of third party equipment after software updates....

Wow... that's the sort of response I'd expect from a 2nd tier Andriod 'compatible' manufacturer, not Apple.

I'll call in as well, and mention that it's happening not just with my setup (Logitech speaker adapter PN 980-000540, worked wonderfully with iOS 5 and iPad 3 and iPhone 3GS), but all the other combinations listed here as well.

Sep 23, 2012 10:46 AM in response to Stevo14896

I too will add my voice to the chorus of complaints about dropouts with the new is. My Bluetooth speakers bought only a week ago worked fine under iOS 5 but dropout every couple of minutes with the update.

Some functionality issues with control via a Bluetooth device might ... Might .... Be understandable with older devices and an update, but dropouts of an audio signal make a recently purchased device totally unusable.

I too bought an I pad because it had the quality reputation that I felt justified the extra price. But this *****. BTW. This is the first time I have complained in a forum about an apple product since I bought my first IIc back in the dark ages. Never had a reason to complain before. :(

Sep 23, 2012 11:48 AM in response to Stevo14896

I have just upgraded to ios6. In my car the Bluetooth connection (for handsfree phoneing) was fine until this (BMW 5Series professional audio with Bluetooth). Now I can't hear the other party, but the radio is keep on sounding. Restart, re-pair the phone is done, but the still have the problem.

Please fix it, because this is a must have thing.

Sep 23, 2012 1:13 PM in response to Stevo14896

I have same problem. Since upgrading to ios6 on iPad 3rd gen my Sony and Motorola Bluetooth headphones keep losing audio for a second or two every few minutes during video playback. Very annoying.

Given it effects multiple BT devices from diverse manufacturers then the problem is clearly the apple BT support.

You would think they would actually test such fundamental connectivity against a range of devices before release!

iOS 6 Bluetooth problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.