Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 reminders not syncing across devices. Fixes?

In iOS 5 my reminders synced between my iPad 2 and my iPhone 4 seamlessly. Updated both to iOS 6 and now my reminders app won't sync between the two at all. I really used reminders a lot and am really bummed. Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 6, iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 2:03 PM

I was having this problem. I changed the syncing range on the phone (under Settings > Reminders) to sync "All Reminders". I then logged into iCloud and opened the Reminders tab. This actually caused the reminders on the phone to match the ones in iCloud. I then made changes on my phone while that tab was still opened and the changes started to appear in iCould (sometimes takes a few seconds - up to 20 or 30) and synched on my iPad as well. After that, all of my changes started to sync across all devices - iPhone, iPad,Mac and in iCloud, regardless of where I made the initial change.

Hopefully this will work for you too.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2012 2:03 PM in response to Slappy369

I was having this problem. I changed the syncing range on the phone (under Settings > Reminders) to sync "All Reminders". I then logged into iCloud and opened the Reminders tab. This actually caused the reminders on the phone to match the ones in iCloud. I then made changes on my phone while that tab was still opened and the changes started to appear in iCould (sometimes takes a few seconds - up to 20 or 30) and synched on my iPad as well. After that, all of my changes started to sync across all devices - iPhone, iPad,Mac and in iCloud, regardless of where I made the initial change.

Hopefully this will work for you too.

Jan 28, 2013 3:02 PM in response to albertoV05

I had this problem intermittently. Sometimes iPhone and ipad reminders synced and sometimes not. I got chat and phone support. Apple support was patient and tried everything I had already tried. Nothing worked. I finally just manually entered my desired list of reminders into icloud.com then deleted the icloud account from both the phone and pad. I re-entered my PW to add the acct and after a few seconds everything repopulated. It has synced between devices fine ever since.

The steps would be:

Be sure everything you sync to the cloud from all devices is there (on PC go to icloud.com) You may have to manually complete your reminder lists on your PC if they never made it to the cloud. My notes and calendar all synced fine all along so I just had to double check that my reminders were in the cloud.

Go to utilities>settings>icloud>delete account. Confirm at the new window that you want to delete all items from each device. (Scary but it's still on the cloud). Your account email address should still be showing at the account info section. Just enter your Apple PW and wait a few seconds and it will all repopulate.

I think my issues started with iOS .6 Apple support seems unaware many folks are having issues but 2 support folks and a supervisor tried very hard to help me. The intermittent nature of the sync issue made it hard to know if their solutions were working. This "account delete" seems to be the answer for me at least. Good luck.

Jan 14, 2014 6:57 AM in response to Slappy369

Another trick I tried that was strange, but worked. The reminder list I created had transferred ok, but not the tasks. I created them on my iPad2, didn't show up on the iPhone 4S. On the iPad, I took all the tasks to complete, then redisplayed them and unchecked them as not done. Then, went to the iPhone to that list, selected Show Completed tasks, and then Hide Completed Tasks, and they showed up. Don't know why, but much easier than going through cloud.

iOS 6 reminders not syncing across devices. Fixes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.