Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Problem

ios 6 bluetooth problems I am not able to control from my iphone from the stero and whenever a song is playing it does not show the name of the song on the stero. This didnt happened to me with ios 5 i could do all those things

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, Bluetooth problem

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:53 PM

53 replies

Sep 21, 2012 8:30 AM in response to Xhuii21

I also have the exact same problem. With my iPhone 4S running iOS6, my after-market car stereo bluetooth was able to read my song name, artist name, ect. Now that I upgraded to iOS6 my Kenwood receiver cannot read this data while connected via bluetooth. Since the data can't be read, the steering wheel control to search a song forward or back also no longer works.

I tested the car stereo last night with an iOS5 phone and it worked correctly, so I know the problem is related to the bluetooth iOS6.

Sep 21, 2012 6:27 PM in response to Xhuii21

I just ran into the exact same issue. My A2DP bluetooth streaming has worked perfectly, to include the morning of updating to iOS 6. Immediately after updating to 6, the track artist, genre, etc. stopped showing up and I can't do my normal controls (Track Rewind, Skip, etc).

I have the Pioneer AVH-P4400BH head unit.

I live off of my music each day, please fix this soon! 🙂

Sep 22, 2012 8:06 AM in response to Xhuii21

I am having a similar isssue with my iPhone 4s (64gb) and iPad 3 (32gb) with my Beats Wireless headphones. The signal becomes spotty and sometimes cuts out completely when using the headphones with both devices. Volume up/down or start/stop seems to work. Tracking forward or backward only works some of the time. Oddly, when I unlock the phone the, the track up/down will work occasionaly as well. Everything was working properly with iOS 5.1.1. and is currently still working fine on my Macbook (Late 2008) and MacBook Air (late 2010), which are both running Mountain Lion.

Please fix.

Sep 24, 2012 8:40 AM in response to Xhuii21

I too am experiencing the same problem. Since I updated my phones to iOS 6 I am unable to view track information, or play/pause on my Pioneer AVH-P2400BT.

Strangely enough in my other car this morning which has a Pioneer DEH-P7100BT (a few years old) I was able to advance the track via the decks remote. The DEH-P7100BT does not display track information so I'm not able to test that feature, and the play/pause button is not intuitive enough that I ever remember where it is so I wasn't able to test that.

Later today I will test the play/pause functionality on the DEH-P7100BT and then try track advance on the AVH-P2400BT and report whether or not they work.

What pain we go through to be early adopters (and yet we never learn to wait...)

Bluetooth Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.