Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send any mail from my Macbook, yet can receive email in all accounts and network connection is good.

I am unable to send any mail from my Macbook, yet I can receive mail in all of my accounts and the network is working fine. Any thoughts?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 1:29 PM

3 replies

Dec 6, 2012 4:03 AM in response to Tucson Marcia

I have exactly the same problem -- Emails working OK on my iMac (main home computer), but a shambles on the MacBook (which is connected via Airport) -- some mail coming in sometimes, but no mail going out. Also, messages which are opened on one computer do not then appear on the other. Should I go to Mail settings and have identical settings on each computer? Very irritating, expecially since there is no proper help facility since MobileMe closed down..... Apple promised us that everything would just keep working with the Cloud......

Unable to send any mail from my Macbook, yet can receive email in all accounts and network connection is good.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.