3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 3:46 PM by MamaTea
MamaTea Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

iMovie is not working. The original software on custom install has iMovie grayed out.

Is that because it reconizes that it is installed?

Well, how do I uninstall it without looseing my projects?

Then will it show up in the custom install?

Please help I am so sick of iMovie freezing and being useless.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • MamaTea Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I trashe the iMovie star in Application and tried a custom install again.  iMovie was no longer grayed out so I reinstalled it. Now none of my projects will appear in the project library. Does anyone know how to get them to show up?

• RoxieHunt Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I also have this problem.  After upgrading my operating system to Mountain Lion, I am getting an error wit IMovie that is telling me to reistall.  When I go to purchases in the AppStore, I see iMovie 11 there but it does not let me download it, just says installed.  I want to make sure I don't lose what I have.

• MamaTea Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I lost all my movies because I moved then from the original folder.  DON'T DO THAT!  I got iMove reinstalled but my movies were single photos. Fortunately I am backed up with CrashPlan.con and was able to go back in time and review them loosing only some of the changes made before thing we bad.

iMove is still horrible.  I can do a new project but to try and go into the project library and get an old project to work on is a nightmare.  I have given up with the hope that they will work out all the problems in the future. They certainly aren't fixing them now.