Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 config profile bug: removing profile with APN proxy leaves proxy settings behind

Has anyone noticed this problem on iOS 6: if you install a configuration profile with APN proxy settings and then remove it, the proxy settings themselves stay in the device. The profile itself is removed but the proxy settings are still there. This was never the case before. When the profile is removed it is expected that the proxy settngs (inside the profile) will be gone too.

The only workaround I have been able to find is to do a Network Reset following the profile removal. This is major and needs to be fixed

If you have seen this problem, have you found another workaround?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 2:41 PM

11 replies

Dec 6, 2012 12:10 PM in response to **Snake**

Can you please explain this app rejection? The app can always launch Safari to a URL that contains the profile and install that way. Is there another way for an app to install a configuration profile? are there APIs for that?

I, personally, still dont get this. It seems so obvious. I wish someone could tell me from Apple whether this is done by design.

<Edited By Host>

iOS 6 config profile bug: removing profile with APN proxy leaves proxy settings behind

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.