Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with sound notifications on iOS 6

I get no sounds with my notifications (incoming email, calendar alerts, text messages etc)

Sometimes it works but very intermittently. Sometimes it's the wrong sound as well.

I get the pop up notification (which lingers on the screen) but no accompanying sounds.

do not disturb is off.

Anyone knows of this?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 5:22 PM

14 replies

Sep 24, 2012 11:20 PM in response to garlandsmith1

Power down iPhone. Connect via cable to Itunes. Hold down power button and home button. I tunes will indicate that an Iphone is in recovery mode, restore. Select yes. Once done restore data from back up and this should resolve the sound problems. It is important to first restore original factory settings and have a empty phone. then restore your data from the cloud, etc

Sep 25, 2012 6:59 AM in response to garlandsmith1

I've had sound problems, too. I keep getting an "alert" sound for incoming mail despite having reset the mail sound to "none" or to other choices. It doesn't matter which setting I choose, I keep getting that same "alert." I don't want to have to restore everything so I guess I'll wait until Apple has a fix for whatever is causing this.

Oct 28, 2012 2:50 PM in response to garlandsmith1

Same issues here with iOS 6, it either plays the wrong sound, eg when I change the sound it keeps playing the other sound, or even if I turn off the sound via notification manager, it still plays the wrong sound. Very irratating, especailly since I purchased a bunch of new tones for various email accounts and people, but now I can't even change the tones. I cannot believe this was tested. Varous email sounds have worked on BlackBerry for five years!

Problem with sound notifications on iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.