Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get back to "Apps for Passbook" after adding a "Pass"?

I've figured out how to add coupons, reward cards, etc to Passbook. However, after I add one, I have no way to get back to the main splash page to connect to the App Store, which brings up the "Apps for Passbook". Going to the App Store itself doesn't display this category. I have to delete the coupon, then I can get back to the Appstore for Passbook.

How do you get back and find the Apps that are Passbook enabled?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), Newton 2100, iPod 5G 30gig, iPodShuffle 1gig, Apple ][e

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 5:47 PM

13 replies

Sep 21, 2012 4:18 AM in response to MLadd

You have gotten farther than I have with Passbook! How did you add cards, coupons, etc.? Passbook is very-un-Apple-like in that it's not at all user friendly when you open it up-other than the App Store (which doesn't have any apps that I would use), it's a dead end. This was one feature that I was looking forward to.

Sep 21, 2012 4:35 AM in response to mrstee

Basically, if you purchase (or request) something from a passbook enabled app (Fandango or Target, for example) it will ask if you want to put that in your passbook. So you can add Target coupons, or your Walgreens reward card or movie tickets, after the individual app adds it to passbook.

Then, when you get to that theater, or your local Target, the ticket or reward or coupon will display on the lock screen and you can access the item right away with a swipe of the screen.

So passbook is just a placeholder for the things you get on the vendor's app.

Try this, download the Target app, then sign up to receive coupons, you'll receive a text message with a confirmation link (just to verify and link the account and device). Then go back into the app and find the mobile coupon. At the bottom of the coupon is a button "Add to Passbook". That's it.

Sep 21, 2012 10:29 AM in response to sfarrat

To add a pass from http://www.passsource.com/ just add the requested credentials. I added my Best Buy rewards card about an hour ago. I ahve not used Passkit.

And I was having the same issues with Walgreens, Fandango and all of the other passes that are suppose to work with Passbook already. So, I have to buy something in order to add the pass to Passbook? Am I understanding that correctly?

Sep 21, 2012 11:00 AM in response to red5501

At least with the Target app, I did not have to buy anything to add it to Passbook. I went to the Target website and somehow (can't reproduce my path!) found where I needed to sign up for mobile coupons and then I was texted a code which I clicked on and that confirmed it and now I have Target in my Passbook. The only thing in my Passbook..... :-(

Sep 21, 2012 3:42 PM in response to red5501

I have Sephora, Target, and Walgreens in Passbook, but I definitely don't like that there is no category in the app store for it. Now, I don't know how to get to the other apps. That's how I found you, googling. Lol. As far as TicketMaster and the airlines, I think you have to actually purchase a boarding pass or a ticket for it to populate into passbook. I'm still looking for more apps. There's a lot of red going on in there. I want some more colors! Lol. Also, there is a card for American Airlines, but instead of saying add to Passbook, it says add to photo library. What?

Oct 3, 2012 1:18 PM in response to anilsudhakaran

This was just added in the past day. Where do you suggest I go when this is removed from the "scrolling list" in a few days? There is no Passbook category, and serching for Passbook does not return any of the Passbook apps.

However, the article posted above from Fluteboy did have the direct link to open in iTunes at the bottom of the article. I just saved that as a bookmark and I get to the same page that today's "scrolling list" brings you to.

How to get back to "Apps for Passbook" after adding a "Pass"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.