Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What will Apple do if my iPod Touch 4g crashed while updating to iOS 6?

Yesterday while trying to update my iPod touch 4g to iOS 6, it just suddenly shut down mid-way (on a charger). When I tried turning it back on, it would pull up the battery screen indicating that the battery is low, so I would plug it in the charger again. Although after its charged a bit, it would pull up the Apple logo and then go to a (teal) blue screen and I cannot do anything else. When plugged into a computer, my laptop can't even recognize my iPod touch. I've tried draining the battery out all of the way, then charging it up again and it won't work. My iPod touch isn't jailbroken either, and there was 2.4GB free space like indicated during the update. I'm wondering what will Apple do if I would bring it to the store?

I'm really upset because I just barely bought this about two months ago when I broke the screen on my other iPod touch 😟

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:02 PM

3 replies

What will Apple do if my iPod Touch 4g crashed while updating to iOS 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.