Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 keeps asking for password to update apps when it shouldn't. Is it my phone?

Isn't updating apps supposed to not require an iTunes password anymore in iOS 6? I thought that was the case, but my iPhone 4 keeps asking for one when there is an update available. Does anybody know what to do besides restoring? Anyone else having similar issues?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:25 PM

Mine did that at first, until I realized the phone was using a former AppleID that I no longer use. Once i put my correct AppleID in, it stopped prompting for a password.

9 replies

Nov 14, 2012 4:20 AM in response to SBlue

I have a hunch that, for me, the issue is because I have two different accounts synced. I have my parent's account for the App Store and my personal account linked to iCloud and all those services. I've noticed that when I update apps, I would sometimes have to log out of one and into the other because one app might be on one account and not the other. I'll get around to moving everything to one account sooner or later, but it isn't an immediate issue to me. Just a minor inconvenience.

Nov 14, 2012 5:30 AM in response to medicus.ho

medicus.ho wrote:

I'll get around to moving everything to one account sooner or later, but it isn't an immediate issue to me. Just a minor inconvenience.

Good luck with that. There is no way to merge or move purchases from one account to another.

The only way to get everything onto one account is to reacquire all content under a single account.

Feb 16, 2014 1:43 AM in response to medicus.ho

My daughters have 2 ipads with the same account

but my daughters keep complaing that they have the same apps one their ipads

So oneday i tried to make a new account on one ipad to seperate them, but the two ipads are now blocked they both now asking for id ! Although i tried to chane the password and made new id

Both ipads wont update

I cant recognize which id and password im using i keep canging passord!!

Any ideas?? What should i do!?

iOS 6 keeps asking for password to update apps when it shouldn't. Is it my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.