Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Friends Notify Me Not Working

Although my entire family has iOS 6 installed, the "Notify Me" feature does not work. I have My Friends turned on in the notification center. What am I missing?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:50 PM

More detail: I am able to click the option to notify me in the upper right hand corner and set a Notify me when and then save it, but no notification is provided when the friend leavs or arrives at the selected location.

32 replies

Sep 21, 2012 11:17 PM in response to Aeroscout

I updated to iOS 6, the notify me button is disabled, It wont even let me click on it, i have the notification and localization settings enabled I have restored the settings I even deleted the app and install again. Help please. My boyfriend hasn't updated yet and his app works perfect, he knows exactly when I leave home and he office. How sick is that! I want the same...

Sep 23, 2012 1:11 AM in response to Aeroscout

Hi Apple Support,

I have the same issue, my wife has ios5, but upgraded Find Friends and her notify me works. As for me i upgraded to IOS 6 with upgraded Find friends, but notify me option is engraved.

Pls help !........ i can notify myself to others though. !

Both of us own an iPhone 4. If it wasnt compatible then it shouldn't have worked on both !

Awaiting your reply eagerly !!!

Thanks,!

Sep 23, 2012 3:30 AM in response to Tumberry

[quote]I was having problems too, but I think I've figured it out. In order for it to work you have to have Passcode enabled on both phones. When Passcode is enabled you don't have to sign in to Find My Friends. I have my phone locked with Passcode and when I click on me the notify feature is available, my husband's phone isn't Passcode locked, when I click on notify it says not available. So I'm going to set up Passcode on his phone tonight and test my theory. I'll let ya know if that's the key.[quote]

From this post: http://is.gd/dMuIZG

Sep 23, 2012 9:37 AM in response to Tumberry

my wife has ios5, but upgraded Find Friends and her notify me works. As for me i upgraded to IOS 6 with upgraded Find friends, but notify me option is engraved.

I tried it with my brothers iphone 4 & my 4S running iOS 6 & latest find friends app, after this I got alerts.

Have you tried signing out then signing in on both phones. On me page press "Account" button top right press "Sign Out"

Sep 23, 2012 10:10 AM in response to Aeroscout

Come on guys, who do you think you are talkin to? My iPhone is a 4s it is locked by secure pass and I have deleted the app and install it from scratch, and it won't notify me, I am telling you it is since I upgrade to iOS 6. My boyfriend has an iPhone 4 iOS 5 and I'm telling you he can receive notifications when I leave and arrive. So please don't come on with silly things like sign out and sign back in cuz I have even restore the localization settings and the phone as well.

Sep 23, 2012 10:16 AM in response to Anirog

I have tried everything mentioned here but it doesn't work.

My mobile:

1. iOS 6, find friend ver. 2.0(2A77)

2. Notify doesn't work

3. Message & open in maps available when viewing a friend.

4. iPhone 4.

Wife mobile:

1. iOS 5.1.1, find friend 2.0(2A77)

2. Notify me works !

3. Only open in maps option available.

4. iPhone 4.

Point no.3 is my latest findings.

Sep 24, 2012 12:31 AM in response to Tumberry

My mobile:

1. iOS 6, find friend ver. 2.0(2A77)

2. Notify doesn't work

3. Message and open in maps available when viewing a friend.

4. iPhone 4.

Wife mobile:

1. iOS 5.1.1, find friend 2.0(2A77)

2. Notify me works !

3. Only open in maps option available.

4. iPhone 4.

Location based alerts (requires iOS 6)

Because you are running iOS 6 for your wife it works but she is running 5.11 so you can't set up an alert for her. I hope that's right anyway 🙂 good luck

Sep 24, 2012 3:04 AM in response to TheKinkyboy

Not been on here before so dunno if I'm writing this in right bit but Iv got the same problem as you the kinkyboy have u managed to sort it yet? And if so please tell me what u did to fix it? I have upgraded to iOS 6 and my alert button is not working plus Iv got a huge chunk of blurred map right over the area where I live and a few towns either side, Iv deleted it etc etc but no joy, my boyfriend has not upgraded to iOS 6 yet and his is fine?? Any advice please

My Friends Notify Me Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.