Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 Bluetooth Handsfree Contacts showing Facebook Contacts

I have upgraded to iOS6 and am loving all of the changes.I am having issued with my VW Bluetooth hands free kit in my car and my contacts. I have set up Facebook contacts sync in iOS6 so that facebook information if added to my existing contacts and the pictures are downloaded and updated GREAT!

I like to keep my phone contacts and my Facebook contacts seperate so I have selected the option in Phonebook so that only my iCloud contacts are displayed rather than both iCloud and other Facebook contacts, again this works great.

The problem starts when I search my phonebook over Bluetooth with my car hands free, all of the Facebook contacts are included in the phonebook which is not what I want. I only want my iCloud contacts to be shown as anyone I would even need to ring would be in my iCloud phonebook.

Is there a way, apart from disabling facebook contact sync, to have only my iCloud contacts sent over bluetooth to my hands free?

It would be great if there was a setting that could be turned on so that all facebook contacts are hidden apart from ones linked to existing iCloud contacts.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:29 AM

It appears I have resolved the issue. It is possible in the Facebook settings to turn the contacts setting off but still update profile pictures to existing contacts. This works fine with my bluetooth now and only shows iCloud contacts - but the pictures still update. 🙂

1 reply

iOS 6 Bluetooth Handsfree Contacts showing Facebook Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.