Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my Apple TV need to link my remote app to my Apple TV please help first gen.

Please lost remote for Apple TV as I need to link my remote app on the ipadcto the Apple TV please help

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 7:50 PM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2012 8:47 PM in response to josecsalazar

As long as your Apple TV is connected via wifi, as well as your iPhone, iPad, iPod or whatever device you are using the remote app on will be able to connect. Just open the remote app and touch the two squares in the top left hand corner when the app launches. You'll see your Apple TV, and will be ready to go. If your Apple TV is not connected, you can buy any apple remote. For what it's worth, I never use my apple remote. I use the remote learning feature and simply control my Apple TV with my television remote. It's easy to do and super convenient! Hope this helps.

Lost my Apple TV need to link my remote app to my Apple TV please help first gen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.