Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Mainstage When I try to open the last project i worked on it says The Concert could not be opened because the file is corrupt ?

In Mainstage When I try to open the last project i worked on it says The Concert could not be opened because the file is corrupt ?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:05 PM

11 replies

Jun 8, 2015 6:31 AM in response to lifenoise

Thanks a lot for Your replay! ✅

Unfortunately not fixed...

I use:

MainStage 3.1.1

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

There should be some reason for that...

Please, if somebody knows something - let me know!

Before every concert now I'm scared to death - is it working today or not...

😢

Jun 16, 2015 7:27 PM in response to plcjc1

Same deal here. You are not alone..I .tried Brian Li"s aforementioned advice for rebuilding a corrupt MS concert...it did not work on this file. I then reverted to a much earlier version of my concert. It opened. Added the individual patches that were created and saved before the corruption to the older concert. MS worked great. Quit, then reopened that concert. Corrupt again, it wouldn't finish loading. I usually dont use aliases but these patches had them Maybe this has something to do with it. One would hope that MS would detect and not let us load individual patches if they are corrupted. But everything worked perfectly prior to the re-load. Anyways, as a long time MS user, i've done tons of troubleshooting but this has really got me stumped. All insights are greatly appreciated!

MS 3.11

Macbook Pro 2.8G quad I7

16G Ram

1T SSD

OSX

Jun 19, 2015 9:01 AM in response to plcjc1

From where are you running the Concert?

I've found that if I save the package to a network or otherwise shared locations (Dropbox, in particular) and try to run the concert from that location, I get the corruption message. Moving the file to a local drive seems to magically repair the concert package.

Probably won't work for everyone but its worth checking. Good luck.

Jun 22, 2015 12:46 PM in response to dmbono

And again and again...

This never gonna end... 😢 😢 😢

I thought there may be some problem with sort of plug-ins but now at the moment I have only one patch and I still in Layout building process and no plugins at all only built in "Playback" plugin. And when I add a few objects in Layout mode there will be corrupted file message...

I uninstalled MS and installed it again from the App Store - no difference...

User uploaded file

Jun 22, 2015 1:08 PM in response to hansaleht

Now it's getting worse and worse...

I made a completely empty project for good starting point for a new projects - no layout objects, no patches - all full empty project and I called it "Untitled Concert.concert". If I open now this file from the "Open recent" menu I get corrupted file message. When I open this very same file from the Template menu / My Concerts / "Untitled Concert.concert", I get message that the file I try to open isn't in the correct format...

User uploaded file

So it means that there is no problem with patches or layout objects or plug-ins when full empty project also act the very same way...

Well... Hello...

Is MainStage for proffessional musicians or not... What a F........ is going on here???

Is here some one from the Apple to explane???

We can't work like this in pro level, when our projects just disappear accidentally...

Please, I need help with that - MainStage has been my main program on stage for years. And now...

Unbelievable...

Jun 22, 2015 7:57 PM in response to hansaleht

Hi hansaleht,

Do you have a Time machine backup of your mac? If you do,as a last resort ,It could't hurt to wipe your HD, reinstall the OS and restore from the backup,. I use Cocktail from Maintain to rebuild the three databases (whatis, locate, and Launch Services) when my mac doesn't seem to know what it's doing. I also use it to clear and rebuild the spotlight index and wipe the system and user caches ;Maybe try those things before you decide to reinstall OS X. If you are on Mavericks, but not 10.9,5..I would install that version. Also, you might have permissions problems. Disk First Aid will repair your system permissions (so will Cocktail). but you might need to re-boot off your boot partition (restart holding down the option key). From there, open terminal, type resetpassword, and type in your existing or a new password.This will reset your User permissions to normal. None of this will rescue your previously corrupted files, but at least you will get a fresh start. I often manually set all folders containing Patches and channel strips to "everyone can read and write" when things get slow (select the folder, Command I to Get Info, click the lock at the bottom, enter password, set the permissions as above, and "Apply to all" ).

When you get things running smoothly, it is a good idea to save your patches individually as yfulla said previously. At least then you can rebuild your concert if this happens again.

Good Luck!

Jul 15, 2015 4:18 AM in response to plcjc1

It's happened to me. A complete nightmare. 2 years building my concert. I lost 6 months of work here.

First, I've got a message that MS was crashing unexpectedly while opening Reaktor 5. But I usually restarted MS and everything worked fine...

Then, I updated all my Komplete Package.

The message came once again, I decided to upgrade to last version of MS and update to Yosemite. And then, MS started corrupting all my files.

The only way to save my work was restoring my entire mac from time capsule. I got back to Mavericks 10.9.5 and MS 3.0.4. Everything is back to normal. Never had the problem again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.