Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store on Iphone 4 completly blank.

I upgraded to ios6 when it came out and everything was working fine. I could look at the apps store and download apps. Now when I start the app store on my iphone 4 Featured, Charts are all blank. I can do a search and app will come up after the search. I have tried via wifi and 3g no luck. I also have a 4s and 3g on the same wifi network and they can get to the app store just fine. Itunes works fine on my iphone 4. Its just the app store.

One thing I did notice when I went into Itunes on my PC (Win 7 64 bit) the store was blank also I fixed that by running AppleApplicationSupport.msi. After that Itunes on my PC worked fine. Now I just having issues with my Iphone 4.

Thank you in advance!

PCE

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:14 PM

15 replies

Sep 22, 2012 4:39 PM in response to bartimus09

Yes, I waited. Nope it didn't work. I rebooted my phone but still doesn't solve it. I logged out, logged it, nothing. I reset network settings, nothing. I have been reading a few other people having this same problem. Someone suggested it could be an apple server issue. Perhaps due to the new iPhone 5 being released and the number of apps being updated to iOS 6 compatibility, etc. Some said this problem was fixed after a few hours. One claimed it happened months ago but hasn't been fixed til now.

I can still search for apps. And I can still get updates. But I no longer have access to the Charts or Featured sections.

Oct 14, 2012 4:03 AM in response to Sweetpeas

Hi,

I had this and tried absolutely everything before resetting. However nothing worked. The only way this worked for me is:

• Settings
  • General
  • Reset
  • Erase All Content and Settings

Then follow from there. It would be wise to ensure that you have backed the phone up to iCloud or iTunes prior to doing this.

Annoying as I've just come from Android and didn't have any issues with apps there. Doesn't inspire confidence at all, especially as a seemingly widespread issue.

Oct 22, 2012 6:45 PM in response to PorkChopExpress69

I hate when apple updates downgrade my iphone experience. In any case, not sure if anyone suggested this already, but you could do one of two things.

1. Go to settings>itunes and app stores>apple ID>sign out

Once I signed back in, the problem was remedied.

2. Before I did that, I would just google the app I was interested in and it would provide me with a link to the app info in the app store, which usually let me proceed to download.

Hope this helps!

App Store on Iphone 4 completly blank.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.