Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get your own number on ipod

i recently updated my daughters ipod touch and now my phone number is being used on the imessage and facetime on her ipod and my phone notifies me that she is using my number and i cannot remove it. how can i remove my number from this?

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:24 PM

Under settings, you should be able to remove your number from both iMessage and Facetime. She can then use her email for both. A phone number is not required on the iTouch for them to work, just an email.

10 replies

Feb 20, 2013 8:02 PM in response to AnthonyHamilton

I'm having the same issue on only one of my two iPods ?!

I have the following:

iphone 4S - OS 6.1.1

ipod Touch # 1 - OS 6.1.2

ipod Touch #2 - OS 6.0.1

All three devices have unique e-mails registered. Touch #1 has the iphone number i don't want.

If I log out of my apple id on the iphone and reset network settings on Touch # 1, then the number is gone. As soon as I log into AppleID on the iphone, the number re-appears on Touch # 1. Argh.

This does not happen on Touch # 2 which makes me think there should be a solution other than separate Apple ID's.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

Feb 21, 2013 2:34 AM in response to i_me

You can only unchedk the phone number is Settings>FaceTime>You can be reached at and Settingsg>Messages>Send and receive.

If you do nt what the phone nimber to appear on the iPod you have to use and Apple ID not associated with with an iPhone with iOS 6. Create the new ID and then only use that ID for Settings>Messages>Send and Receive and Settings>FaceTime

Also see:

'iOS 6 and OS X Mountain Lion: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

Feb 21, 2013 3:44 AM in response to lllaass

What gets me is that Touch # 2 is running iOS 6.0.1 and the phone number is not showing up there. I'm going to do an update on that one tonight and see if the phone number shows up there. I'm guessing it will.

If it does, then I will get a new Apple ID for the iphone. I guess my issue then will be sharing apps across my devices. But that's another topic.

how to get your own number on ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.