Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 upgrade, wi-fi and e-mail problem in sleep mode

I made an upgrade to iOS 6 on my iPad 2 (Wi-Fi+3G). Problem is that when I'm on wi-fi and the iPad goes to sleep mode it's not checking my e-mail account. In this situation it wont download any of received e-mails so it wont give me any notification about it. In the moment when I switch on (from sleeping mode) the iPad, it connets to internet using the wi-fi and even after I open the Mail App then it checks the mail server and downloads new mails. Safari has not any problem with connection. I tryed to use only the 3G connection. In this case there is everything ok. New e-mails are downloaded in every 15 minutes. In iOS 5 was everything ok. Now I think that the problem must be in the wi-fi connection or something with the sleep mode.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:07 AM

6 replies

Sep 24, 2012 11:48 AM in response to Petr Novák

Same issue. But my iPhone 4 does it as well. Only thing is with my iPhone it maintains a persistent 3G connection so at least I'm getting my messages as they arrive. But if I relied solely on WiFi and my device was in sleep mode, I wouldn't get any notifications.

On my iPad 2 I've tried forgetting the network, renew lease, rebooted, airplane mode etc. Nothing works.

It's not crippling my device but it's really annoying and it's not the way it should behave.

Oct 4, 2012 2:33 PM in response to Petr Novák

I have IPad 2, since upgrade to IOS 6 my email has been extremely unreliable. I have deleted and set up accounts again but same results. At least 50% of the time not even manual updating of inbox works, for instance have just tried to update email now, but after refresh it is telling me last update was last night and inbox remains with old emails. I have also had same issue but less severe with iPhone 4.

iOS 6 upgrade, wi-fi and e-mail problem in sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.