Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password problem

Just updated OS, iCloud has opened and is asking for my password. When I enter it, I'm told it is incorrect. But, if I go to iCloud using my browser, the same password works fine. I had to use this password to get to this screen and it worked fine. How do I fix this?

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:09 AM

8 replies

Sep 21, 2012 1:35 AM in response to Ruudo

I seem to have the same problem. Updated to 10.8.2, now iCloud asks for login in but simply does not accept my password.

I found this eror message in Console.app:

This account needs to accept the ToS

It seems that is should draw a window, like on iOS and iTunes that I must accept new terms of service. This dialog just never shows up. Seems a bug to me.

Mike, Ruudo, perhaps you could check your console log to see if you have something similar to this, too.

The full error trace:

21.09.12 10:23:47,380 com.apple.iCloudHelper[1149]: AOSKit ERROR: Setup request failed, appleID=someone@somewhere, url=https://setup.icloud.com/setup/login_or_create_account, requestHeaders=

{

"Accept-Language" = "de-de";

Authorization = "Basic ...";

"X-APNS-Token" = 754223afefe5733cd234b3bda0e1b75b64b6251d8028c2e5a6367eac11b8f3c3;

"X-Aos-Accept-Tos" = false;

"X-Mme-Client-Info" = "<MacBookPro5,3> <Mac OS X;10.8.2;12C54> <com.apple.AOSKit/152 (com.apple.systempreferences/12.0)>";

"X-Mme-Country" = DE;

"X-Mme-Nas-Qualify" = "Avw9BKbMgD5j1/eQr2+CC8QSUd4RaNjy1Xr+x3hGuKakAAABYAUAAAABAAABAC+LqspVOIpYzY2S4W vjzjqLOdlSWQFzbo89oSE+CABzVN46QGaidOHuf8Zl7DyCi6A6RJD0Fc1ol4s5cJYDyJnzNFzZWFRb4f KKzk1bZ18lg45u5h82SOz+DIxiafCFw77GcF1lljaH4y1gucyNo6gqQqN4zry8VrWGtrkk9zj3iH0wfm N9lFc0MrSeQhtXoypux3iEOdI8Hei1/ytpZwwju/cCBcCdckdmPXSxQ2ewgXZ1x0JsjHN78pKRh2nNaC VL3Da/UTntq/nDNTdseDIvG072nodI3hlr4Fp9BwKJtynaosHtyHrKNEsjcDjn34lG6yFUXrCtlTL09P i5LV8AAAAAAAAATwHO/LOWc+HKDnBu+4ScVj+zW99vZQAAADYDAoet3+0UzPON1rw7QKZTpS9QXCQSDY RyPa3uojo907STncg4waeNUU9hWYTp4oPhoLOOXfw=";

"X-Mme-Timezone" = MESZ;

},

error=Error Domain=AOSErrorDomain Code=5003 "Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden. (AOSErrorDomain-Fehler 5003.)" UserInfo=0x7f9ffae4c080 {HttpStatusCode=409, DialogInfo={

AlternateButtonLabel = "";

AlternateButtonLink = "";

Body = "MOBILEME_TERMS_OF_SERVICE_UPDATE";

DefaultButtonLabel = "mme.setupservice.SetupServiceJS.OK";

DefaultButtonLink = "";

DialogType = TOSDialog;

ErrorID = "MOBILEME_TERMS_OF_SERVICE_UPDATE";

Header = "";

HelpLink = "";

description = "This account needs to accept the ToS";

localizedError = "MOBILEME_TERMS_OF_SERVICE_UPDATE";

protocolVersion = 2;

}}, httpStatusCode=409, responseBody=

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>protocolVersion</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>DefaultButtonLabel</key>

<string>mme.setupservice.SetupServiceJS.OK</string>

<key>Body</key>

<string>MOBILEME_TERMS_OF_SERVICE_UPDATE</string>

<key>ErrorID</key>

<key>DialogType</key>

<string>CustomDialog</string>

<key>AlternateButtonLink</key>

<string></string>

<key>AlternateButtonLabel</key>

<string></string>

<key>localizedError</key>

<key>DefaultButtonLink</key>

<string></string>

<key>Header</key>

<string></string>

<key>HelpLink</key>

<string></string>

<key>description</key>

<string>This account needs to accept the ToS</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Password problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.