Ok, so i tried all that was said here. Finally got my shortcuts to work both in ipad 2 and iphone 4.
I knew the problem was some shortcuts beeing "lost". Also everytime i deleted a shortcut (or added) with documents and data on, it wouldnt show. if i turned docs and data off sometimes it would show those shortcuts i had entered. every single time, to get them to work on the iphone or ipad (not synced cause that was my maine problem), i had to turd docs and data off, which, as stated in the thread, was a "workaround".
so here's what i did:
1)turn docs and data off in the iphone. in the ipad, turned off and on like 10 times in row docs and data. some lost shortcuts would show up after this 10 times. deleted them, repeated the step. Soft reseted ipad.
repeat step 1 until no other shortcut would pop. reset ipad
2)removed icloud from the ipad 2. reseted it. when it came up, there were some shortcuts there, deleted them and rebooted again. when it powered on, some other shortcuts were there, delete until no more shortcuts popep up.
3) did the same (not so exhaut) stuff in the iphone (tho i thought the problem was in the ipad). by this time the iphone was the only device with my icloud account logged into. i only left 1 shortcut in the iphone and docs and data on, by this time the shortcut in the iphone would "Work" in mails and notes and would not disapear.
4) logged in the ipad with different account (probably this would do the trick right away without needing the 3 steps before). this account was from my wife, whom in her iphone had a shortcut that showed up st8 away in the ipad 2(i was happy!).
5)removed her icloud account from the ipad and deleted the shortcut. rebooted again.
6) added my account to icloud in the ipad and voilá, my only iphone shortcut showed up right away! added a couple on both sides and they would insta show on other device.
when i say "reboot" i mean reset (home button and lock button at the same time until device shuts off and the apple sign appears).
hope my english is correct and some people dont go crazy like i did!
on a side note, not that i think it had anything to do with it, i uninstalled icloud from my pc in the meanwhile.
Some way only work for a while. Only permanent way I find, is turn off Documents & Data.
Step by step: Settings, iCloud, Documents & Data, Turn to OFF, Turn Off Documents.
It will stop the sync of Documents & Data, but is the only way I find that can let Shortcuts working permanently.
Every Apple we received was eaten, now it's even have bugs!
It's possible that how iOS does keyboard shortcuts changed in version 6. Here is what fixed it for me. I'm on iOS6.1 btw.
1. Delete every shortcut in *every* iOS device
2. Turn off "Documents & Data"
3. Go through every device again and delete all shortcuts
4. Restart the devices
4. Turn on "Documents & Data"
5. Look at each device again and delete any shortcut synced from iCloud
6. If there were shortcuts deleted on step 5, iCloud still has old data and I restarted all devices again.
7. Go back to step 1, and repeat all steps until there are no more shortcuts displayed whether "Documents & Data" is on or off.
This ensures that nothing was left on all the devices or iCloud. I let them all sit there for about 10mins (with "Documents & Data" on) to make sure nothing gets synced back.
Only then, with "Documents & data" enabled on all devices, I created 2 of my shortcuts on one of my devices. So far, after 8 hours, they're still working; it usually fails before then. What I noticed though is that the shortcuts no longer sync to my other devices. Before doing this purge, they were syncing even after I rebuilt my device. I suspect that the iCloud data was from iOS 5 and is not getting updated properly.
I don't know if this will work for others but I figured it may help since it worked for me. YMMV
This issue with the Keyboard Shortcuts must be a bug in iOS6 and I am surprised Apple has not fixed it in the updates it has issued.
There are simple fixes, but they are only temporary and are a nuisance.
Both of these work for me on iPhone4.
Either Reboot, by powering the phone OFF, then switch it back ON to reload everything after 10 seconds or so.
Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts >Tap to select the shortcut that has failed then >Save
Both these methods somehow reconnect with the Shortcuts and everything will work well for another few days till you have to go through the whole performance again. At least either of these fixes are fairly quick to do.
I had the same problem after switching from my iPhone 4S 5.1.1 to iPhone 5 6.1 (and restoring the iPhone 5 with the backup from the iPhone 4S): keyboard shortcuts didn't work anymore, and I couldn't edit or delete them (they just came back as they were).
I thought the issue was caused by evasi0n jailbreak, but after reading the topic it seems to be strictly iOS 6 related.
Clearing Autofill in Safari didn't work. However, one of the solutions proposed in this topic worked:
Settings > General > Keyboard
Deactivate all features
Soft reset (Home + sleep buttons)
Reactivate desired keyboard features
I didn't touch iCloud settings (Documents + data sync is and was on), and didn't delete my shortcuts (I really have a lot of them).
Hope this helps, and thanks for the solution
EDIT: this solution IS NOT permanent, the issue appeared again few minutes later.
I've tried all solution out there, but still the same issue. while docs and data sync off, keyboard shortcuts works perfectly. As soon I turn it on, all shortcuts disappear and never comes back even if I turn it off. I've tried resetting the keyboard dictionary and so many other steps but still the same.
Is there a way to clear iCloud synced data??
I have iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1