Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into Facebook from iPhoto 11

No matter what I try I can no longer log into Facebook from iPhoto 11 (it was working previously). I deleted the account from preferences and then went to add it again - but when I enter my details (which are confirmed as being correct) I cannot log in. it hunts for a while then says that an "unknown error" occured.

I've seen that some people have been able to fix this by going into their privacy settings in Facebook. iPhoto seemed to be enabled there. I turned everything off in the Apps privacy settings in Facebook and turned on again but stil it doesn't work. I also don't have "Little Snitch" installed as I understand that to sometimes conflict.

It seems that have the same sharing issue in Analog.

Does anyone have any idea please? I'm incredibly frustrated by this.... Thanks

Macbook Air, 13", Mountain Lion 10.8.2

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 1:01 AM

5 replies

Mar 20, 2014 3:19 PM in response to warth0g

After 5 Hours between Apple support and myself we finally got it!

Sign on to facebook through safari. Go to your settings, On the left hand column click on Apps, there you will need to turn it on.

Also Make sure that when Iphoto is open on the left column you have Shared and the facebook icon is there. (Icloud should be there too) If not then go to the top menu bar while iphoto is open and click on share, click on facebook and sign in from there.

At least this worked for me! Good luck to all!

Can't log into Facebook from iPhoto 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.