Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HTC Touch Pro, buying first iPhone

Following are some really basic questions about the practicalities of buying my first iPhone please. I currently have an HTC Touch Pro 2 smartphone and a 3G contract with 'Three'. I also have an iPad. Although an experienced PC user my know-how on smartphone stuff is minimal.

1. Can I use both phones with the same number?

2. If not, presumably I can transfer my number to the iPhone?

3. Can I just continue with my existing 'Three' contract, or must I go through some hassle to change it?

4. Is it easy to get all my iPad/iPhone apps installed on the iPhone? (Inasmuch as anything involving the dreaded iTunes is 'easy'!)

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 1:24 AM

1. No you can't use both phones with the same number.

2. Yes, you should be able to get 3 to transfer your previous number over to your new iPhone. You could then keep the HTC as a backup and purchase a sim only package for that.

3. 3 is an official carrier for the iPhone in the UK, so no, there is no need to change if you don't want to - it depends on where you are in your HTC phone contract with them though, as to whether you are due an upgrade?

4. Syncing apps should be as easy as connecting your iPhone to your computer and syncing that way and then all the apps should be transferred.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2012 1:24 AM in response to Terry P

1. No you can't use both phones with the same number.

2. Yes, you should be able to get 3 to transfer your previous number over to your new iPhone. You could then keep the HTC as a backup and purchase a sim only package for that.

3. 3 is an official carrier for the iPhone in the UK, so no, there is no need to change if you don't want to - it depends on where you are in your HTC phone contract with them though, as to whether you are due an upgrade?

4. Syncing apps should be as easy as connecting your iPhone to your computer and syncing that way and then all the apps should be transferred.

HTC Touch Pro, buying first iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.