Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Folder Structure

Using Aperture I notice I can "Duplicate Project Structure", I can "Duplicate an Album" and several other containers but I can't duplicate a folder structure. Am I missing something?

Here's my scenario:

- [Folder] "Year"

- - [Project] "Everything Else"

- - [Project] "Project 1"

- - [Project] "Project 2"

- - [Smart Album] "January" (Source: Year)

- - [Smart Album] "Febraury" (Source: Year)

- - [Smart Album] "..." (Source: Year)

- - [Smart Album] "December" (Source: Year)

All I want to do is duplicate the folder "Year" the same way I'd duplicate a project, but can't see how. Duplicating the projects in bulk produces brackets index of each folder.

Cheers

Tristian

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 2:35 AM

No, that does not seem to be possible. I sometimes export the folder structure I want as a new library and then import it again with the "add" option, but right now (I upgraded to Aperture 3.4) Aperture crashes, when I try to import a folder structure. So I cannot really recommend to try that. Also, importing and merging a library takes a rather long time, so you would not save much time by importing libraries.

Cheers

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2012 2:35 AM in response to Tristian

No, that does not seem to be possible. I sometimes export the folder structure I want as a new library and then import it again with the "add" option, but right now (I upgraded to Aperture 3.4) Aperture crashes, when I try to import a folder structure. So I cannot really recommend to try that. Also, importing and merging a library takes a rather long time, so you would not save much time by importing libraries.

Cheers

Léonie

Sep 21, 2012 4:00 AM in response to Tristian

I ended up puting all the smart folders in a project and duplicating that. Not perfect but makes the process a little quicker.

Yes, I was thinking of recommending that, but this way you cannot have projects inside the folder, like in your example. All this is a bit clumsy.

You may want to send feedback to Apple and request and improvement of this feature.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/aperture.html

Cheers

Léonie

Duplicate Folder Structure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.