Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation lotus notes 8.5.3

It is impossible to install Lotus Notes with the version OS x 10.8.

Could you help me ?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 2:03 AM

7 replies

Sep 26, 2012 4:16 PM in response to AlexLEPOUTRE

Lotus Notes does run on OS X and it does work in 10.8 but there are a couple of gotcha's.

Firstly the installer (as you found out) doesn;'t recognise the 10.8 version. Secondly the installer will overwrite the new notes.app.

To get around these issues you need to modify the install package.

For the first issue refer to this link from IBM

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd85forum.nsf/DateAllThreadedWeb/f201c6c2cbbc50ad852 57a47005712d7?OpenDocument

For the second issue you have two options. You can either move the note.app into a sub folder in Applications (this may cause issues with OS X updates) or you can update the install path for Lotus Notes to point it to a directory in applications i.e /Applications/Lotus Notes (this is what I did).

To do this you need to find each of the info.plist files (I updated 2 and they were in sub packages) and change the reference /Applications.Notes.app to /Applications/Lotus Notes/Notes.app.

Hope this helps.

Oct 7, 2012 8:18 PM in response to svrusho

Svrsho-

Thanks for the info. I was able to alter the install package to get my LN 8.5.2 installed but did not know about the Notes issue until after it was installed. So I have a few questions if you do not mind:

1. Can I just install the 8.5.3 fix for 8.5.2?

2. Seems like I need to be a registered user to download? Can anyone register?

3. And now that I have already over written my Apple Notes app will this reinstate that? Or are there other steps I need to take?

Any more information or direction anyone on this string could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 8, 2012 2:12 PM in response to Scottadel

Hello Scottadel,

1) The interim fix for 8.5.3 only works on 8.5.3 not prior releases

2) In order to download the IBM Lotus Notes 8.5.3 version that is compatible with Mountain Lion, a valid active Support & Subscription maintenance id must be used. If your company is on active maintenance, your main contacts should be able to get it for you. Lotus Notes is not available as a general free download or registration

3) This will not reinstate your Apple notes.app. Perhaps you can copy that from somone else or another machine

Thanks

Scott

Installation lotus notes 8.5.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.