Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text not wrapping when composing/replying in email

Has anyone noticed that text doesn't wrap when composing or replying to an email message using the stock email app that comes with iOS 6? I can move the text from side to side with my finger, but my sentenances run off the screen.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 5:37 AM

11 replies

Sep 28, 2012 7:55 AM in response to bird66

I tried the reboot last night and it worked for all the emails I received PRIOR to rebooting. Just got an email this morning and when I tried to reply, the SAME problem appears! I tried to reboot again this morning, and now it doesn't work. This is quite frustrating as I have been an android user for years and though the little odd bugs here and there were annoying so I gave apple a try with the iPhone 5 because supposedly "it just works."

Well I'm having the wifi Issues, maps are terrible, I can't plug my phone to iTunes because I can't install the newest version because the OS on my MacBook is not recent enough. Ok. Then I tried to install mountain lion so that I could install iTunes 10.7 but I was told I couldn't because "my macbook's hardware is too old". It's a 3.5 year old MacBook and it's already obsolete according to apple? It has a 2.2 Ghz processor, 2 GB of RAM and it's "obsolete"??

Funny enough, whe I tired installing itunes 10.7 on my dad's 6 year old PC the system requirements for PC were Min 512 MHz processor with 1GB of RAM. As it turns out, iTunes works fine on my dad's 6 year old PC but "cannot be installed due to hardware obsolence" on my 3.5 year old MACBOOK?

And now, I can't even see the last words I typed when replying to an email without completely stopping to type to scroll back every second word? Really?

Not impressed so far, looks like I'll have no choice but to take the phone back to my carrier and go back to the Galasy S3 I though I hated so much. Ironically, the S3 "Just works" a lot better than my iPhone 5. Please Apple, fix this bug, I've just about had enough.

Sep 28, 2012 9:11 AM in response to MikeDT08

Mail text not wrapping on my iPad 3 only happens to me if I paste a web site link in the message that is longer than the page is wide. It also happens when someone sends a long link to me and then I respond with the iPad.

In both cases the whole message is wider than the screen on the iPad and you need to scroll to view it. A pain in the butt.

Apple listen up your customers are complaining !

text not wrapping when composing/replying in email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.