Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac 10.7: Change boot screen?

Hello,

I've, of course, a question:

How do you change the boot (or startup) screen background, on Mac 10.7?

With the boot (or startup) screen background, I mean that dull, grey color that appears when you start your computer

I read about it, in an internet article, but now I can't find it anymore...

I remember these things had something to do with:

• There was a plist, deep stored inside the mac files (Probably somewhere in /System/blabla/blabla/blabla, ect.)
  • In that plist you had an subcategory, that was named something like "Frenchblue", or something that had "Grey" in it
  • In that subcategory where three keys which value were numbers, because together they where a RGB color (that holded the grey boot screen color)

Do you understand me?

I need to know where that plist is, which holds the RGB color for the boot background...

Unfortunately for you, I've, of course, another question (which is easier):

How do you change the applelogo that appears in the boot (or startup) screen, on Mac 10.7?
Please don't say BootXchanger, because this doesn't work for mac 10.7!

I guess this is just a picture, deep inside the mac system files...

Thanks in advance,

Isaiah v. Hunen

P.S. I really need your help...

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 6:12 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 12:44 PM in response to Drake69

Hi, Drake69. I'm sorry it took a few years for you to get an answer. I don't know where the file is, but I do know a way to change the background. You need to download an app called BootXChanger. Once it's downloaded, you can open it and you'll see a little gray box in the corner of the window. Click it to change the background color. You can also change the boot logo, too. Here's the download link:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/26516/bootxchanger/download

Click it and the app should start downloading.

Mac 10.7: Change boot screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.