Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes show deleted events in iphoto

Hi guys,

as firts sry for my english :/

I done all updates for my system (10.8.2, iPhoto etc) yesterday, now I have a confused bug.

After install the new update for iPhoto, my libary done an "refresh", ok thats normal after an update. In iPhoto all events, pictures etc are ok, but in itunes (iphone-> pictures) I get an very confused bug. itunes show me by events an incorrect sort (ok thats the small problem) but he show me deleted events, too :/

I merge some events to an new event in the past, but now itunes show me the old not existens events and complete delete events too.

Albums and faces are without this problems.

Did anywhere have the same bug or now an solution for this?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 6:27 AM

26 replies

Sep 21, 2012 12:44 PM in response to rfgetz

iPhoto uses an xml file within the Library package to do this sharing to other apps. It may be malformed in some way, often it doesn't work terribly well with non Ascii characters - that is anything except 0-9 or a-z. So, things like & or diacritical characters à or ë or whatever, can cause problems whereever they are used.

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Find the AlbumData.xml file and open it in a Text Editor.

Search it for non-Ascii characters and replace them. Save it and try again.

Sep 22, 2012 4:48 AM in response to cml83

I have a similar issue it seems.

When my iOS devices aere connected the events in the iTunes Photo tab are a mix of my current events but also other events that no longer exist. These randmon events are most dated - and are photos that were imported at one time but deleted.

I also see faces for people I've never made a faces group for.

I've tried deleting the iPod cache but these events never leave.

Sep 23, 2012 4:37 AM in response to cml83

I have the same problem in with iTunes 10.7 and iPhoto '11 (ver 9.4) in Japanese settings. It started around when I upgraded my iPhone/iPad to iOS6. I'm not sure whether iOS6 did the trigger of it. I thought my iOS6 device caused the issue but since factory-reset of iPhone doesn't resolve the issue, I now believe that the problem is on either iTunes or iPhoto or photo database on Mac.

itunes show deleted events in iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.