Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture support for RAW Nikon D600.

Just bought the latest Nikon D600 and when loading RAW images, I'm getting a "Format not supported" error. It reads the JPEG just fine but not the RAW. I also have a Nikon D3S and it reads the RAW images just fine. I'm currently on Aperture V3.2.

Thanks

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:05 AM

From what I have found the RAW format for every camera is different. Until the D600 is added it will not work. Adobe has the same problem. If all the manuacturers used a common RAW output this would not be an issue. One work around is to use ViewNX2 to convert the image to TIFF and then import.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2012 7:05 AM in response to danl1

From what I have found the RAW format for every camera is different. Until the D600 is added it will not work. Adobe has the same problem. If all the manuacturers used a common RAW output this would not be an issue. One work around is to use ViewNX2 to convert the image to TIFF and then import.

Sep 21, 2012 8:26 AM in response to danl1

Danl1,

This is the way it works with every new camera that comes out.

Untill Apple and Adobe and PhaseOne get a final production sample in their hands, they cannot write the code neccessary to process the RAW files from any manufacturer.

Some camera makers provide this information pre-release, but most tend to be pretty secretive right up to the end.

So the solution is to shoot JPG or convert RAW in Nikon's software for the next 2 weeks or so, and by then Aperture and Lightroom and CaptureOne will be up to speed.

Enjoy your new camera... it looks great!

Aperture support for RAW Nikon D600.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.